BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Twitch equivalent

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Busby
Twitch equivalent
on Jul 27, 2009 at 7:21:12 am

I was just wondering if there were any plans on adding something similar to the After Effects plugin, Twitch... to any Boris products for Avid in the future (Red, BCC, etc) OR if there was a simple way of mimicking such a thing without entering into keyframe hell :)

Return to posts index

William Busby
Re: Twitch equivalent
on Jul 31, 2009 at 1:21:45 am

I take that as a no. :D

Return to posts index

Dirk de Jong
on Jul 31, 2009 at 1:39:38 pm

I guess the short answer(s) would be "Yes" there are in fact plans for adding more jitter/randomization types of animation features to future releases of our products, but "No" there isn't currently something exactly like Twitch in our products (I say that based on watching the Twitch demo movie online) - but if you give me more specifics about the look you're trying to achieve I might be able to offer some suggestions of how to go about doing it - what aspect of your effect are you trying to "Twitch" and which Boris product(s) are you using ?

Dirk
BorisFX

Return to posts index

William Busby
on Aug 1, 2009 at 4:27:38 am

Hi Dirk. Thanks for responding. I've been using various combinations of filters from BCC to achieve a similar "twitch" look for transitions. Using BCC's DVE for scaling, positioning, etc. and various color, blur and glow filters to achieve this but the overall keyframing is exhausting.

Today I was experimenting with the Sapphire 2 Shake filter and it's random generator nearly always give satisfying results with minimal keyframing, so I'll wait and see if you guys come up with something in the future. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]