BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

change face colour of 3D extruded text in Red 4

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Burn
change face colour of 3D extruded text in Red 4
on Jul 23, 2009 at 7:37:53 pm

I want to use one of the default Boris Red 3d text effects to bring in our company logo. Only changes I need to make are replace the gradient BG with a motion background and change the grey text to orange Syncrude Canada Ltd. I've been trying to make this work for far too long and hope someone can help me out.

Peter Burn

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
peter mcauley
Re: change face colour of 3D extruded text in Red 4
on Jul 24, 2009 at 12:56:17 pm

Hi,

So what you need to do is to click on the text track, which brings the parameters that affect the text into the controls window. Then in the controls window, select the materials tab. In the materials tab set the face count to 1, which gives all 4 sides of the text object a uniform color. Then click on the color chip and set that to the color that you are trying to match.

To replace the gradient with a video clip, click on the orange gradient that is at the right most side of the gradient track. This will display a pop-up window with replacement media options, including video (Movie File). Select the Movie File option and a pop-up will appear prompting you to select a media clip. Navigate to the director containing the clip and you should be all set.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Peter Burn
Re: change face colour of 3D extruded text in Red 4
on Jul 24, 2009 at 2:31:22 pm

Thank you. I reckon I need to go through some tutorials!

Return to posts index

Peter Burn
Re: control face colour of 3D extruded text in Red 4
on Apr 20, 2010 at 4:40:22 pm

I am able to change the colour but a setting I cannot find is attenuating it, making bright red a very dull red. Which parameter needs to be changed so bright red displays as bright red (or any other colour for that matter?)

Peter Burn

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Apr 21, 2010 at 6:47:37 pm

Peter,

Can you send me a project displaying the problem?

I can take a look at it.

mattm@borisfx.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Apr 22, 2010 at 3:58:59 pm

Peter,

I sent you a project back yesterday.

I just want to make sure you got it!

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Apr 22, 2010 at 4:10:27 pm

Hi Peter,

I received the RED settings file from you - thanks for that. Earlier this morning I sent a modified file back to you in an email that explains the source of the problem. Here's the text from my message:

If you select the text track and then go to the lights tab in the control panel window, you can see that there are 3 lights, switchable via the tabs to the left of the control panel. Only light 1 is enabled, but the control panel is showing light 2 so any changes will have no effect on the result. I switched the control panel to the Light 1 tab by clicking on the light 1 tab to the left of the control panel, and observed that the light which was being used on the text was set to a shade of blue, which accounted for the color shift in the logo. I changed the color from blue to white and the color of the text became the expected red that you were trying to achieve. I also set the intensity of the light to 100, which I thought looked a little better.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]