BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Extruded Text Causing After Effects to Crash

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff MangheraBoris Extruded Text Causing After Effects to Crash
by on Jul 22, 2009 at 2:36:04 am

About a month ago I started a project using Extruded Text in After Effects. Now, every time I try to add ET to a project it causes AE to crash. AE even crashes when attempting to open the project that I started last month. Anybody experiencing this? Any solutions?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris Extruded Text Causing After Effects to Crash
by on Jul 22, 2009 at 12:52:31 pm

Hi Jeff,

I think you should contact someone in our support department who should be able to help resolve the issue that is causing this anomaly. You can reach them via email at support@borisfx.com.

It may be that a system BCC preference file has somehow become corrupt, or that you need to update the BCC version that you are using to match an update in AE something as simple as that but either way one of our technicians from the support group should be able to help.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: Boris Extruded Text Causing After Effects to Crash
by on Jul 22, 2009 at 6:03:15 pm

Jeff,

As Peter suggested. Please send us the information on the crash, including the nature of the crash (any error messages), OS platform you are running on, software versions, graphics card model, and graphics card driver version.

Send the information to support@borisfx.com

Return to posts index

Dave StoutRe: Boris Extruded Text Causing After Effects to Crash
by on Jul 27, 2009 at 4:40:19 pm

I had the same exact problem. I was tweeking my nvidia graphic cards settings and got crash after crash when using ET. After resetting graphic card to factory defaults my problem vanished. Did U change values of your card?

Return to posts index

Jeff MangheraRe: Boris Extruded Text Causing After Effects to Crash
by on Jul 27, 2009 at 4:54:40 pm

No. I'll just try doing a clean install of BCC.

Return to posts index

Dave StoutRe: Boris Extruded Text Causing After Effects to Crash
by on Jul 27, 2009 at 5:17:00 pm

Good luck!, I tried that ump teen times as requested by Matt @ Boris to no aval. Maybe U should try just resetting defaults anyway just in cause some other program adjust the card to it's own settings ??
Dave. C stout

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: Boris Extruded Text Causing After Effects to Crash
by on Jul 27, 2009 at 8:43:29 pm

Jeff,

If the reinstall does not work what Graphics card model and driver are you running on the machine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]