BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Unlock code not working

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Thomas
BCC Unlock code not working
on Jul 21, 2009 at 10:34:16 pm

My unlock code is accepted by After Effects, but whenever I add another effect I have to enter the code again. On advise from Boris I need to uninstall BCC 6 from my Intel Mac but I can't find a way of doing it.

There doesn't seem to be a uninstall option in the installer. I can't find an obvious collection of plug-ins to drag to the trash.

Any suggestions or should I just uninstall After Effects CS3?

Running OSX Leopard on an Intel Mac Pro.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC Unlock code not working
on Jul 22, 2009 at 12:57:28 pm

Hi Scott,

Here's what I suggest that you do:

• download the latest trial version of the BCC 6 AE installer
• run the installer and select uninstall from the pop-up option
• once it has finished removing the software run the installer again, but this time select install from the pop-up

Please let me know if this works for you - if it does not then the symptoms that you describe could very well point to a permissions issue that is local to your system and if that the case then you should repair the system permissions using a system utility, and if necessary reinstall CS3 and then reinstall BCC 6.

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Scott Thomas
on Jul 22, 2009 at 1:29:55 pm

Thanks for your reply Peter.

I tried your suggestion but with no success. I have "repaired" After Effects but this hasn't worked. I have performed 'Verify Disk Permissions' and 'Repair Disk Permissions' on the boot drive, but no improvement.

The BCC effects did work briefly (for about two hours) between entering the code and the first render queue. I even managed to do a TGA sequence export. It was only after the render queue froze After Effects (asking for the code to be entered) and I had to force-quit that the problems started.

Any other ideas?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jul 22, 2009 at 1:32:39 pm

Hi Scott,

Can you please send me your system info (hardware and OS version) and exact software versions of AE and BCC - you can send this to me off-line at peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Scott Thomas
on Jul 27, 2009 at 9:00:15 am

Just a quick post to let anyone else who has this problem know that it was resolved by the Boris Support Team (thanks Peter and Jon).

Something deep inside the Mac permissions must have got screwed up (don't think we will ever know what) and it took a clever bit of work by the Boris Bofins to solve it. It was not something I could have done alone.

My suggestion to anyone else who has this problem is to contact the Boris team (they exist and answer the phone) AND to post a message here which is monitored by Peter.

BCC is now healthy and living a busy life in Downtown After Effects. Thanks for the Get Well Soon cards.

Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]