BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

paint to reveal other image?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
amanda duncanpaint to reveal other image?
by on Jul 10, 2009 at 3:26:30 pm

I'm trying to use the paint spray effect not to paint color but as a transition to reveal other video. Is this possible? Because as always I couldn't get it to work. I couldn't even find how to change the brush size of the paint brush and I love the help section for paint, 2 lines that say check the paint controls section of the help which of course doesn't exist. oh Boris, why do you give me a headache everytime I try to use you?

Return to posts index

amanda duncanRe: paint to reveal other image?
by on Jul 10, 2009 at 4:33:13 pm

nevermind, I stole a matte from a digital juice swipe to make it work and bonus no Boris headache.

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: paint to reveal other image?
by on Jul 10, 2009 at 4:33:25 pm

Are you using Red?

In the Paint controls you can set the brush type to eraser. This will reveal the video layer underneath.

There are also size and size modulation settings in that window.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: paint to reveal other image?
by on Jul 11, 2009 at 12:36:55 am

Matt is right, you can set the paint brush type to eraser mode to reveal the underlying video clip or you can apply paint to the mask track and reveal the image that way.

Select filters>effects>paint which generates a paint track, then select the brush tool and click on the paint path to set the paint dynamics, such as brush size, paint style etc. Then just paint in the composite window to create the effect that you need.

If you need any further help you can find tutorials on the web site or send us an email and we'll provide more help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved