BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

3D Extruder

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikola Morin
3D Extruder
on Jun 23, 2009 at 8:16:19 pm

Hey guys...got a little question for you! i work with After effect CS3 and I just discovered the new BCC 6. Extruder is great but may have a couple of weird things. I made several test and it appeared that the plug-in is stuck to a fixed HD format. For example if I create a 2500 x 25000 composition only 1920 x 1080 will work with the plug-in. When you get out of that frame the 3D disappears. It is normal? And how to fix that??

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: 3D Extruder
on Jun 23, 2009 at 9:59:22 pm

Hi Nikola,

The BCC Extruded Text filter is a hardware renderer, and relies on the assets of the video card that is present on the system that is being used for the render. It may be that the video card on your system is incapable of generating an OpenGL render as large as the one that you are working with. What are the details of your system? Most importantly, we would like to know what video card and OS version you are using.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Nikola Morin
on Jun 25, 2009 at 12:15:44 pm

Hi Peter! To answers your question! i'm working on Windows XP Pro x64 edition Service pack 2 and my video card is an Nvidia QUADRO FX 3500. On the other side I'm working on a Windows vista pro x64 with a ATI 8800 GT.
Thank you for your answers!
Nik

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jun 25, 2009 at 3:32:50 pm

Hi Nik,

Thanks for sending along this info - it helped me to better understand the problem.

So, theoretically speaking, we should be able to work up to the limitations of the video card but I just noticed that there are some anomalies with renders on cards that should be passing us through correctly at larger sizes, such as 2500 X 2500. The quardo fx 3500 supports a maximum resolution of 3840 x 2500 and you (again theoretically speaking) should be able to render layers up to that size with the BCC 6 3D Objects filters.

That it is not working for you is an issue and I've confirmed through testing with other systems that it is not an issue that is isolated to your set-up. All I can say is that we'll work toward a solution for this issue and make that available via a software update.

Meanwhile, if you don't need pixel data in the entire comp (and I'm sure you probably know this already) but you could render out (or precomp) the 2K portion with the 3D Objects filters and then add the precomp to the 2500 x 25000 comp.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Nikola Morin
on Jun 25, 2009 at 4:52:44 pm

Thank you Peter for your Help! It's really appreciated!!!!!!
Still continuing on testing the plug-ing and I will let you know if other issue come along!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]