BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC 5 Avid AVX authorization

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ronn kilbyBCC 5 Avid AVX authorization
by on Jun 22, 2009 at 2:55:05 pm

I've searched the forums to no avail. If I missed it, please direct me accordingly, and be kind.

I just replaced my boot drive. I cloned it using Ghost to a larger one. All is well except when I now launch Avid MC 3.5, during "initializing avx effects" it says, "Unable to verify authorization. Please install Boris Continuum Complete from the original distribution CD-ROM."

I uninstalled BCC then re-installed (5.0.3) from the OEM Disk that came with MC.

Error persists.

I upgraded the 5.0,3 to 5.0.4

Error persists.

BCC AVX effects are in the pallete and seem to work, but I still get the error which I have to click through 8 times. Has anyone else ever gotten this error message?

I emailed Boris support, no response.

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: BCC 5 Avid AVX authorization
by on Jun 22, 2009 at 7:05:18 pm

Thanks for contacting us.

I know it can be frustrating but our support hours do not cover the weekend. If you do E-mail us on a Saturday or Sunday you can expect a response Monday morning. I know Jon is working with you now and I am sorry for any inconvenience, I promise we were not ignoring you.

If you need any more assistance please let us know by e-mailing us directly at or by calling us at 888 772 6747.

Return to posts index

ronn kilbyRe: BCC 5 Avid AVX authorization
by on Jun 22, 2009 at 7:23:00 pm

Thanks Matt - Jon is definitely on the case and that is much appreciated. I never felt ignored :) I'll post the results back here to help others who may encounter this error in future.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved