BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Where Can I Find 4.3.3?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter toursWhere Can I Find 4.3.3?
by on Jun 14, 2009 at 7:00:35 am

I understand there is a new update for Boris Red, but I can't find it. Cam anyone post a link, please? And does anyone know what the update contains? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Peter HonigRe: Where Can I Find 4.3.3?
by on Jun 14, 2009 at 2:02:15 pm

You can download it from:
http://www.borisfx.com/login/reg_form.php?action=esd_red

You will then be sent an email with a serial number. Though this is the same proceedure the "try-and-buy" downloads, this is actually a true install for registered Red users that does not expire. The last upgrade (4.3.2) was done exactly the same way.

Peter

Return to posts index

peter toursRe: Where Can I Find 4.3.3?
by on Jun 14, 2009 at 2:32:02 pm

Confused...I have to download a TnB? Is there not just an update or is this a full install? What of my existing fx, etc in existing projects? I already have a SN as I have owned Red 4 since it came out. Thanks for your help. p

Return to posts index

by on Jun 14, 2009 at 4:17:36 pm

That's right. There is no update; just a full install using a TNB version.

Return to posts index

peter toursRe: Where Can I Find 4.3.3?
by on Jun 14, 2009 at 4:55:13 pm

Peter - sorry to keep flogging this but now I guess I should ask what the diff is btwn 4.3.3 and 4.3.1.1452? Sorry to be such a pain. BTW, is everyone but Boris named Peter @ Boris? Very cool!

Return to posts index

by on Jun 14, 2009 at 5:15:42 pm

No bother at all; I'm always glad to help. I can't recall any specific features that stood out for me, but in general nearly all releases contain some bug fixes even if they are not mentioned. That is why I always install them.

There are no relese notes for 4.3.3. In fact, the release notes that are included in the 4.3.3 install are actually for the previous version (4.3.2).

Those release notes can be found at:
http://www.borisfx.com/download_files/Boris_RED_4.3.2_RN.pdf

Evidence seems to indicate that most people that have anything to do with Boris are named Peter. By the way I am a Boris Red user but not an employee.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Where Can I Find 4.3.3?
by on Jun 15, 2009 at 1:30:28 pm

Hey Guys,

The changes from RED 4.3.1 to 4.3.3 are thus:

• feature: subtitle import
• change: correct timing issue with imported sub-title files in PAL projects
• feature: cross platform font handling
• change: correct issue with font substitution when RED projects are crossed from Mac to Win

So it's a minor change but as usual, I would recommend the update to all RED users.

Cheers,

(The other) Peter. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]