BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Many entries in RED Keyframe Library have errors

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Honig
Many entries in RED Keyframe Library have errors
on Jun 11, 2009 at 1:31:13 pm

After updating yesterday to Red 4.3.3 I happened to take a very close look at the entries in the Keyframe Library (I had built the project previews in November 2006 when I originally bought Red 4.0). I am now surprised to see how many projects do not work correctly. The most problematic ones are those that use the obsolete filters: "2D Particles Advanced" and "Luma Pixel Noise". I don't recall at what point these two filters disappeared, but I definitely do not have them.

The most problematic areas of the Keyframe Library are "Filters->Noise", and "Filters->Particles". However, there are a quite a few entries in other areas that also do not work correctly. Though I build most of my composites from scratch, occasionally I use an entry from the keyframe library as a starting point. My question to BorisFX is are there any plans to repair the entries and eliminate the references to obsolete filters?

Peter

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Many entries in RED Keyframe Library have errors
on Jun 11, 2009 at 1:58:28 pm

Hi Peter,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I'll move this forward to engineering to see what they can do to resolve the issue of the broken templates.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Peter Honig
on Jun 12, 2009 at 3:57:25 pm

Hi Peter,

I have already repaired quite a few templates, including those that still worked but refered to obsolete versions of existing filters. My goal has been to elimate all references to "(Obs.)" filters. I would be very happy to share these with you if you wish.

Regards,
Peter

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jun 12, 2009 at 7:43:50 pm

Hi Peter,

Could you please send me an email off list? You can reach me at peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]