BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

3D objects

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Stout
3D objects
on Jun 1, 2009 at 3:55:45 pm

New Member.
Hi people, I have a problem with AE 7 and Boris continuum, that is I have no 3D extruded text on my menu options . I used the same disc to load Boris on my premiere pro CS4 and that option does appear ok on that menu. But you can't use 3D extruded text in PP4. Can someone please help
Thank dave c stout

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
Re: 3D objects
on Jun 1, 2009 at 4:34:53 pm

Can you please tell us what computer/graphics card are you using? It is true that Premiere is currently not supported with 3D Objects. But AE 7 should be OK. We plan to add Premiere in near future.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Dave Stout
on Jun 1, 2009 at 9:39:37 pm

Thanks for responding. I have a Nvidia 6800 goforce on my laptop. Yes my laptop . But the option doesn't even appear on the screen . Thanks and please help.
Dave c stout

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jun 1, 2009 at 11:07:01 pm

Hi Dave,

We need the following information in order to assist you:

• system type: Mac or Win:
• OS type and version: OSX version, XP version or Vista version:
• Video card driver version:
• BCC version:

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Dave Stout
on Jun 1, 2009 at 11:28:57 pm

Thanks,
Here's that info.
Windows xp SP2
Nvidia goforce 6800
Driver date 2/9/2006
version 8.4.2.2
BCC6.0

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jun 1, 2009 at 11:40:03 pm

Hi Dave,

I have a near identical set up and have not had any problems with any of the filters in BCC 6. My suggestion: download the latest trial version of BCC 6 from the borisfx.com web site and reinstall to see if that helps. If not then we'll take it from there and over the next 24 hours we'll hopefully be able to get you going.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jun 2, 2009 at 12:47:46 pm

Hi Dave,

Can you please confirm the location of the plug-ins on your system for me? They should be located here:

C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe After Effects 7.0Support FilesPlug-insBoris Continuum Complete 6.0

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Dave Stout
on Jun 2, 2009 at 2:04:21 pm

Thanks people,we've done it! This morning I reinstalled AE7.0 and then updated it to 7.01 something THEN REBOOTED then installed Boris and then updated that to 6.01 something and POOF!! there it was. Something happened differantly this time around but I got it now! Definity really bogs down my laptop with those 3D objects.
Thanks everyone very much. Yahoo!!
Dave C Stout

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]