BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

FREE beta BCC 6 FxPlug for Final Cut not so free

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob KornFREE beta BCC 6 FxPlug for Final Cut not so free
by on May 15, 2009 at 6:33:30 pm

Advertised as a FREE download for Final Cut, I thought maybe it was really free in exchange for all us beta testers. I even sent in a couple of bugs -- like one filter that always crashed the system, another that didn't work -- there's probably many more, but now I'm told - by way of a text notice that appeared on all the bcc effects in my sequence -- that my "trial verison" has expired.

No where on the Boris site is there any mention of this being a trial version with a time limit. And I certainly didn't need a trial version to know what Contiuum does, since I've used it on my Avid for many years.

here's the press release:

Return to posts index

Christopher WrightRe: FREE beta BCC 6 FxPlug for Final Cut not so free
by on May 18, 2009 at 5:25:31 am

Yes it is/was weird how they handled this "public Beta," but I bit the bullet and bought Continuum FX Plug 6 because I was working on a project where I used a lot of the new filters. It works fine now without the annoying watermark. But you are right, it would have been nice to get an actual time frame before they made the trial expire./

Dual 2.5 G5, IO, Kona LH, IO, Medea Raid, UL4D, NVidia 6800, 4Gig RAM
Octocore 8 GB Ram, Radeon card, MBP, MXO
Windows Vista Adobe Studio CS4, Vegas 8.0, Lightwave 9.3, Sound Forge 9, Acid Pro 7, Continuum 5, Boris Red 4, Combustion 2008, Sapphire Effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved