BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris family

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Beall
Boris family
on May 13, 2009 at 8:26:11 pm

Is this the breakdown of the BorisFX family?

- Blue: standalone app
- Red: basically Blue as a plugin for a host app
- Grafitti, Continuum, FX: plugins

Can Grafitti, Continuum, and FX be used in Blue? Or is their capabilities already possible in Blue?

I use combustion and toxic now, but need a very capable and robust motion graphics app..

Thanks

-Matthew

Return to posts index

Tech Diver
Re: Boris family
on May 13, 2009 at 11:13:20 pm

Red can run as a standalone app in addition to being used as a plugin.

Return to posts index

Matthew Beall
on May 13, 2009 at 11:34:13 pm

Ahh, I did not know that..

Would I be better served learning Blue or Red? I see more in the gallery for Red.. Can Blue do everything that Red can?

The website says Red includes Graffiti and FX.. Does Blue?

Thanks

-Matthew

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on May 14, 2009 at 11:14:08 am

Difference between Blue and RED:

http://www.borisfx.com/blue/bluevsred.php

Theo

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on May 14, 2009 at 1:30:15 pm

Hi Guys,

Here's the breakdown as we see it:

Boris RED: Custom UI, cross platform, full featured, 2.5 D Compositing solution that can be used standalone or as a plug-in. Features include the vector based Graffiti titling system and the FX effects generator, upstream/downstream matte and masking, fast accurate and easy to use keying tools, motion tracking, and a couple of hundred filters. Uses OpenGL for fast previews and standard scan-line 16 bit final rendering. Can use many 3rd party plug-in effects.

Boris Blue: Custom UI, windows based 3D Graphics solution that can be used standalone or as a plug-in. Full-time OpenGL for preview and final render with 3D particle effects, extruded text with real-time warp deformers/shaders, 3d model import, type-on text auto-animations.

Boris Graffiti: Custom UI, cross platform vector titling plug-in solution. Included as a part of RED.

Boris FX: Custom UI, cross platform special effects plug-in solution. Included as a part of RED.

BCC: Native UI, cross platform special effects and 3D titling filters that plug-in to compositing and NLE systems. Many, but not all, BCC filters are included with RED.

FEC: Native UI, cross platform special effects and 3D titling filters that plug-in to compositing and NLE systems. Some FEC filters are included with RED.

You can download for free, 14 day trial versions of all of this software from borisfx.com. The trial versions are fully functional and render without watermark of any kind. After the trial period has expired, a subtle watermark will appear in the composite window and final render.

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Matthew Beall
on May 14, 2009 at 7:57:13 pm

Thanks Peter..

What combination gives me the most complete toolset? I dont have a compatible host application.. But if I have to I'll get AE..

I downloaded the demo of Blue and really like it! Lots of buttons to learn, though..

I just dont want to spend the time learning Blue, and get against the wall on a project and find out I need Red to finish the job..

Also: I downloaded the demo of Final Effects and installed it to my combustion2008 plugins directory.. Combustion would not start after that, though.. It stalled on loading the Final Effects filters.. Is Final Effects not combustion2008 compatible?

Thanks,

Matthew

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on May 15, 2009 at 1:23:12 pm

Matthew,

Because you know best what you need to accomplish with your tools, that's a hard question for someone else to answer.

You can get a good idea of the differences in the products here: http://www.borisfx.com/blue/bluevsred.php

Also if you go to the Red and Blue pages and Borisfx.com there is some great information on each product, just check out the links on the lefthand side when you go there.

Here are the links:

Red: http://www.borisfx.com/red/
Blue: http://www.borisfx.com/blue/

The best way to get an idea of each tool is to give them both a test drive by downloading the 14 day trial.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]