BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Simple Borris Graffiti text transition needed

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Matamis
Simple Borris Graffiti text transition needed
on May 11, 2009 at 5:16:54 am

Hello Everyone,

I am new to using Boris Graffiti FX on Pinnacle. Some of the 3D text features are great to use. However, in my video that I am making I am just looking to make a very simple text transition.

Basically I want to have text come into the picture by a slowly coming into the page (may be 2-4 seconds). For example I have two sentences that I want to come into the center of my picture page but comes in with a very smooth entrance. I just don't want the words to 'pop-in' really fast. Can someone help on this...I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
George

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Simple Borris Graffiti text transition needed
on May 11, 2009 at 1:42:17 pm

Hi George,

There are several approaches that you can take. You can use the Scale parameter to make the letters zoom up in size or you can use the Z position parameter to make the letters zoom in. Or you can use Opacity to fade the text in.

Set a keyframe for the text track's scale, zoom or opacity parameter at the start of the effect and select Ease In / Out for the interpolation by clicking on the box next to the parameter. Go to the point where you want the text to stop moving, create a new keyframe and set the value that you want the text to have, again, setting the interpolation to Ease In / Out. This will result in text that moves smoothly at the start and end of the effect.

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

George Matamis
on May 11, 2009 at 5:33:04 pm

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the information, it was really helpful. Just before going to work this morning I followed your instructions and it seems to be working--I still need to figure out a few more things. It looks like the Opacity is the parameter I need to adjust to get the text to slowly come in.

Another thing I tried to do that I gave up on a couple of weeks was to get text to zoom in from the center. Basically I start off with a Sunset picture and then I wanted words zoom out of the center so that people can read it. The question I have is how do you control the speed of the zoom? So the words are coming in from the center of the page and zooming out. I want them to quickly zoom out (maybe 1-2 seconds and then the words to be read for the next 10-15 seconds.

It is a very basic zoom out feature that Windows Movie maker has...I am sure you know what I am talking about. I adjusted the 'Z' parameter and it seems to work but I want to control the zoom out speed...how do you do that?

Thanks again for your help and for you quick reply in the previous post.

Regards,

George

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on May 11, 2009 at 7:23:53 pm

Hi George,

The speed of the zoom is controlled by the space between the keyframes on the timeline. Move them closer together (click and drag the keyframe in the timeline window) to speed up the animation.

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

George Matamis
on May 12, 2009 at 4:09:54 pm

Hello Peter,

Thanks again for all your help.

I can get the zoom to do what I want but I can't get the Opacity to do what I want now. I am trying to get the opacity to blend in the words within 2-4 seconds, not the length of the entire timeframe. I TRIED everything last night and I mean everything to get it to show the words within a few seconds and then just look at them in their full capacity for another 10 seconds and I just could not get it to work. Can you take a look at my template and see what in the world I am doing wrong? This is really agravating because I just can't get it to do something very simple.

Thanks again...you have been a big help.

George

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on May 12, 2009 at 4:50:00 pm

Hi George,

I'd be happy to look at the project. Please save it and send it to me and I'll send you one back that should work as you expect it to. You'll be able to see what the differences are between your comp and my comp and then understand hat to do next time to make it work for you. Please don't forget to zip the file before sending it to me.

My email is peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]