BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris FX and Vegas Pro 9

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Theo van Laar
Boris FX and Vegas Pro 9
on May 6, 2009 at 3:26:37 pm

Boris FX plugin for Vegas has a problem in getting the right information from Vegas to perform e.g proper stabilisation or motion tracking. Is this problem resolved in the new pro 9 version of Vegas?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Boris FX and Vegas Pro 9
on May 6, 2009 at 5:03:40 pm

Hi Theo,

To the best of my knowledge, nothing has changed with regard to the Vegas host passing the plug-in any sequence data / alternate frames in time. Until that happens we can't perform the stabilization. You can stabilize the clip using RED in standalone mode though, but you probably know this already.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on May 7, 2009 at 11:05:43 pm

too bad...
But thanks for your reply!

Theo

Return to posts index

Tech Diver
on May 13, 2009 at 11:17:07 pm

The problem lies entirely with Vegas and not Red. I have been asking Sony for a proper plugin interface for years, but to no avail.

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on May 14, 2009 at 11:11:34 am

But still I'm wondering why e.g Pixelans Spicemaster or CE have no problem to function within Vegas although those effects are also keyframeble over time. So apparently, a workaround possible.

Theo

Return to posts index

Tech Diver
on May 14, 2009 at 1:37:05 pm

Most features within Red do work correctly with Vegas. The problem is that Vegas serves up one frame at a time rather than the entire clip at once. This is true for ALL Vegas plugins. For Red filters that need to do a complete temporal analysis (such as motion tracking), the Vegas interface does not work. The work-around is to point to your clip from within Red rather than using the default V1 stream. You can still do this while you are using it as a plugin; no need for standalone mode.

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on May 25, 2009 at 4:21:50 pm

I just learnt that thing are even worse: Vegas 9 Pro doesn't recognize at all the Boris plugins Graffitti and FX. Is there any chance that we will get an update of the Boris plugins for Vegas 9 pro?

Theo

Return to posts index

Peter Honig
on May 27, 2009 at 5:40:43 pm

Theo, are you using the 32 or 64 bit version of Vegas? As I recall, 64 bit Vegas is not compatible with 32 bit plugins.

Peter
(Tech Diver)

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on May 27, 2009 at 7:37:17 pm

32bits

Theo

Return to posts index

Peter Honig
on May 27, 2009 at 7:52:12 pm

You might want to post this on the SONY site, as there are several of us who are Vegas/Red/FX users. I have the Vegas Pro 9 update, but have not installed yet it due to the instability of the release.

Return to posts index

Norman Willis
on May 28, 2009 at 3:26:19 am

Hi Peter.

>>As I recall, 64 bit Vegas is not compatible with 32 bit plugins.

Seeing as the industry is migrating towards 64 bit, does Boris have plans to re-release Boris products (RED, etceteras) in x64?

I happen to have RED, Graffitti and FX (long story), and it is a real shame I cannot use any of them on my Vista x64 machine (and I need Vista on it).

Thank you.

Norman

http://www.nazareneisrael.org
Email: servant@nazareneisrael.org

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Theo van Laar
on Nov 23, 2009 at 9:19:22 pm

'Vegas 9 Pro doesn't recognize at all the Boris plugins Graffitti and FX'

Today I learned a very simpel solution for this problem from John Rofrano:

He wrote: "All you have to do is copy the BorisXXX.dll files that are in the Vegas Pro 8.0\Video Plug-Ins folder over to the Vegas Pro 9.0\Video Plug-Ins folder and restart Vegas."

And this solves the problem!

Theo

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Nov 23, 2009 at 9:25:53 pm

Theo,

Yes 9 is fully supported as long as you are not running a 64 bit app.

The vegas 8 install option will install into 8 but you can point it to the version 9 folder or move them manually as you stated.

-Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]