I have tried to no avail to get an Illustrator logo to extrude. I have tried using a shape layer and merging the paths, but still can only get one of the paths to extrude. I'm working in AE CS3. What's the trick?
Please send me the Illustrator file and I'll sort it out for you. You can send that to me via email at email@example.com.
A couple of things to bear in mind when preparing Illustrator files for BCC Extrude EPS ...
• delete extraneous paths, including any unfilled bounding box(es) that may be present
• delete any mesh warps
• gradient fills in Illustrator will become solid fills in BCC - safer to convert them in Illustrator
• convert fonts into outlines (not absolutely necessary but advisable)
• if you are using a .ai file to extrude, save it as Illustrator v8
• scale the Illustrator file to a large size in Illustrator - bigger is better than smaller with vector art in BCC