BCC6 Extruded objects
by Chris Poisson on May 5, 2009 at 9:58:53 pm
I have tried to no avail to get an Illustrator logo to extrude. I have tried using a shape layer and merging the paths, but still can only get one of the paths to extrude. I'm working in AE CS3. What's the trick?
Re: BCC6 Extruded objects by peter mcauley on May 6, 2009 at 12:51:50 pm
Please send me the Illustrator file and I'll sort it out for you. You can send that to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A couple of things to bear in mind when preparing Illustrator files for BCC Extrude EPS ...
• delete extraneous paths, including any unfilled bounding box(es) that may be present
• delete any mesh warps
• gradient fills in Illustrator will become solid fills in BCC - safer to convert them in Illustrator
• convert fonts into outlines (not absolutely necessary but advisable)
• if you are using a .ai file to extrude, save it as Illustrator v8
• scale the Illustrator file to a large size in Illustrator - bigger is better than smaller with vector art in BCC