BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC 6 FxPlug keyframing bug in Motion 3.0.2

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom JacksonBCC 6 FxPlug keyframing bug in Motion 3.0.2
by on May 5, 2009 at 2:18:24 pm

Anyone noticed a problem using BCC 6 FXPlug filters in Motion 3.0.2? Most filters will not play back to reflect keyframe changes made to any clip that is not at the head of the timeline. If a clip is keyframed and then moved to the head of the timeline, it will then play back correctly. This behavior is entirely repeatable on my system: Mac Pro quad (2007) with Radeon ATI 3870 card. I have trashed Motion prefs, re-installed Boris all to no avail. And the funny thing is BCC 5.0 FxPlug worked fine. It was after the first update that this problem arose and has not disappeared.

Thanks, Tom

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC 6 FxPlug keyframing bug in Motion 3.0.2
by on May 5, 2009 at 4:46:45 pm

Hi,

This is the first time that I have heard of this issue - I'll try to reproduce it on one of the systems in our labs. If I understand you correctly, to reproduce the problem I need to slide a clip in the timeline away from the start of the comp, then add a BCC filter and keyframe the effect. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

by on May 5, 2009 at 5:00:19 pm

Hi,

I was able to reproduce this problem exactly as you had described and will ask engineering to work on a solution.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Tom JacksonRe: BCC 6 FxPlug keyframing bug in Motion 3.0.2
by on May 5, 2009 at 5:30:19 pm

Peter:

Yes that is correct. I think you will find it scrubs correctly, shows up correctly in the keyframe window, but does not play back or render correctly. The interesting thing is that if you then slide the clip back to the head of the comp, everything works correctly. Tyler was going to mention this to you the other day when we talked. And also interestingly is that the new 3D filters work fine. It is most of the others that do not.

Thanks, Tom

Return to posts index

by on May 6, 2009 at 8:19:38 pm

Hi Tom,

We have an engineer looking into a solution and hope to have that sorted out soon. Thanks for mentioning this problem to us.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

by on May 7, 2009 at 12:05:55 pm

Thanks Peter:

Hopefully the new release of BCC 6 FxPlug will fix this as I already have one on order.

Tom

Return to posts index

by on May 7, 2009 at 1:33:14 pm

HI Tom,

I fully expect that we will be able to fix this issue - I should know for sure by end of day tomorrow.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

by on May 26, 2009 at 9:18:47 pm

Peter:

I think they are shipping the BCC 6 FxPlug CDs out tomorrow, and I was wondering if this problem is fixed on the new release.

Thank You, Tom

Return to posts index

by on May 26, 2009 at 10:30:31 pm

Answered my own question. Just downloaded the new version BCC 6 FxPlug and the Motion 3.0.2 keyframe problem is resolved!

Thank You, Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]