BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris FX help

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lukas MikelionisBoris FX help
by on Apr 30, 2009 at 4:26:07 am

hello everyone, i have problem in boris fx 9.2. THen i want preview filtered(or onother effect, like mosaic) in onother window its show me a ball. How to do to show normal?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris FX help
by on Apr 30, 2009 at 6:03:52 pm

Hi Lukas,

I have some questions:

• are you sure that you are clicking on the track monitor button in the timeline?
• is this a new problem?
• if it is new, what has changed on your system?
• what host are you using and on what platform?
• does the effect look correct in the main preview composite window?

Return to posts index

Lukas MikelionisRe: Boris FX help
by on May 1, 2009 at 12:11:50 pm

hi Peter,
Yes i clicking in timeline, its always been since i installed. I am runing stand alone, becouse sony vegas let only single frame to edit, and i need track motion and its impossible.
For example, i am trying to do this i do all mosaic thing, but then i go to track motion thing(look Step 2) and click in timeline what ''little monitor'' it shows me ball.

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Boris FX help
by on May 1, 2009 at 2:23:11 pm

If you are seeing the ball, this makes me think you are working in the standalone Boris FX Engine, yes?

If so, then you must use the Media pop-up button to change sources. The default is V1 -- the ball -- but you must change that to your movie media for both the Face track and the Motion Tracking filter itself.

If you are using the footage supplied with that tutorial, your Face Track and Motion Tracking source will be the movie called But whichever footage you use, the media selection must be Movie, and not V1.

Of course, if you are working with Boris FX as a plug-in, then V1 (or another video track) will probably be your source. But it sounds like you are in the standalone version.

Let us know if changing your media selection pop-up to Movie, and selecting the right movie file, makes this problem go away.

PS. I now work for Creative COW, but I wrote this tutorial when I worked at Boris! (Hello Peter!)

Return to posts index

Lukas MikelionisRe: Boris FX help
by on May 1, 2009 at 4:48:14 pm

Big Thanks to everyone! it worked!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved