Out of memory

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henrik Helms
Out of memory
on Apr 28, 2009 at 8:04:36 am

Hi!
I am using RED 4.3.1 on FCP6 and MAC OS 10.5.5 and 8GB of RAM
When I uses RED to do simple things like crawls and som stills moving around in a 1920*1080 sequence and want to export the final sequence out of FCP - it crashes - often with the message out of memory.
It I divide the sequence in parts with only one RED bit in each (and often in the beginning of the clip) it works ok - else it chrashes....why?

Kind regards
Henrik

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Out of memory
on Apr 28, 2009 at 4:33:51 pm

Hi Henrick,

I believe the version of RED that you are using is slightly out of date - can you please download the latest version, install it onto your system and see if this solves the problem?

You can download the software here: http://www.borisfx.com/downloads

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Henrik Helms
on Apr 28, 2009 at 4:52:38 pm

Hi Peter!
This I dont get - if I go to the update section it says 4.3.1 is the latest update - how can I then be out of date with 4.3.1 - what is the latest version????

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Apr 28, 2009 at 5:37:34 pm

Don't do to the update section but instead download the trial version. You should find 4.3.2 up there. It's a very recent update, which might explain why it is not in the update section yet.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Henrik Helms
on Apr 28, 2009 at 6:00:13 pm

Will I be able to use this with my old serial nubmer - og does this require I buy an update??

Kind regards
Henrik

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Apr 29, 2009 at 2:41:03 pm

Hi Henrik,

As long as you have the RED 4x serial number installed on that system, the license should carry forward automatically. The 4.3.2 update is free to 4.x users. You may need an unlock code to run the product installer but this should be sent automatically to the address that you used when downloading the 4.3.2 software.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]