BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Not enough memory

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claudio Sandalo
Not enough memory
on Apr 11, 2009 at 2:09:13 am

I use Premiere Pro CS 4.01 and Boris Red 4.3.2 try version, when I render a project in SD (often) and HDV-HD (always) Boris telling that "There is not enough memory available to complete the operation. Please make more memory available by closing windows or quitting other applications, and try again."
I don't have any other windows open other than Premiere Pro.
I have tested many projects with many files, no one project get good. I have tried the same test with Premiere Pro CS 3.2 with the same results.
I have a PC Intel i7 920, 3 GB of RAM, ATI 4850 1GB graphic card.
When I check the performance of the computer while it is rendering, it never uses all the memory.
If I cancel render, often I can save the project, if I select OK but continue to render, Premiere crashes.
Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Not enough memory
on Apr 13, 2009 at 12:51:30 pm

Hi Claudio,

It is unclear to me what the source of the problem with your system could be - we have tested this configuration in our labs and, as far as I am aware, we did not encounter the issue that you describe. The set-up that you are working with is certainly a supported configuration and should operate without error. What exactly were you attempting to do with RED ... are you using RED for titling or compositing or other special effects? Is there a particular filter in RED that causes the error message to appear?

I would like to suggest that you contact someone in our support department who will assist you in understanding the root of the problem and hopefully will be able to offer a satisfactory solution. You can contact them via email at support@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Claudio Sandalo
on Apr 14, 2009 at 2:00:47 pm

Hi Peter,

I have made many projects, DV 16-9, HDV 1440x1080i, Sony XDcamEX SP (1440x1080i), Sony XDcamEX HQ (1920x1080i): all with many Red Filters and Transitions. When rendering RED telling the same message in different timeline positions, not in the same place. Red continue to message the text and Premiere crashes.
Note 1: the o.s. is Win XP SP3.
Note 2: all the transitions and filters were made and saved with previously RED 2.1 (I think) and 3.0, in the settings many filters are marked as obsolete but in preview and render get's good (when not crash).
Note 3: the RED 2.1 settings were used in RED 3.0 with the same obsolete notes but have always worked right.

Thanks for reply.

Claudio

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Apr 14, 2009 at 5:08:34 pm

Hi Claudio,

Our support staff would like to assist you with this. Please send them an email at support@borisfx.com. I've briefed them on your situation and they are expecting to hear from you.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]