BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC6 Extruded Text problem

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Senhern HongBCC6 Extruded Text problem
by on Apr 2, 2009 at 5:21:27 am

Hi,

I recently got a trial version of Boris Continuum Complete 6 AE and installed on AE CS3.
And It worked fine with some of filters such as BCC Tile Mosaic which is openGL-dependent.
But every time I try BCC Extruded Text, my notebook is crashed down and shows a blue screen, then rebooted automatically.
So I wasn't able to use BCC Extruded Text.

At first, I suspected openGL but BCC Tile Mosaic works fine.
I'm working on my notebook(Intel Core2, 2.5GB memory) with Windows XP and it has GeForce Go 7400(most recent driver installed).

If you have any idea on this, please help me.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC6 Extruded Text problem
by on Apr 2, 2009 at 12:56:15 pm

Hi,

I suspect that the issue you are seeing has to do with the video card that is installed on your system. There is a listing of compatible cards on our web site and this published list does not include the NVidia GeForce 7400, which is the card that you are using.

So what does all this mean? Well it means that currently you are prevented from using the 4 filters in the 3D Objects category on your laptop. Will it be this way forever? No, our engineers are currently working to expand the number of cards that fall into the supported hardware category and will provide updates on a regular basis. When will an update be available that covers my system? I'll speak with engineering today and ask them if they can expand the supported hardware listing to include the 7400 and include this in the next update.

Meanwhile, all of the other filters, including the older OpenGL filters that are included in BCC6, will operate as expected on your system.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Senhern HongRe: BCC6 Extruded Text problem
by on Apr 2, 2009 at 1:38:00 pm

Hi, Peter.

I appreciate your kind answer.
And I am really looking forward to the update.
Thank you.

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: BCC6 Extruded Text problem
by on Apr 2, 2009 at 3:39:34 pm

The 7400 card should be OK. Which laptop model do you have? We'll try to match it here for internal testing. I can tell you that we have not formally tested a mac laptop under windows with this release but I know at least one product manager at Boris FX who is regularly using a windows boot for AE work. Theoretically it should be possible.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 2, 2009 at 3:50:56 pm

Perhaps my mistake, I assumed that your notebook is an Apple (Core 2 Duo) but now on the second reading I'm not so sure anymore. Anyway to help you further we need your laptop model and nVidia driver number (can be obtained with a right click on the desktop and going into nVidia display panel)

Cheers,

Return to posts index

Senhern HongRe: BCC6 Extruded Text problem
by on Apr 2, 2009 at 11:28:13 pm

Hi, Boris

Thank you for the help.
I have Samsung p50 and it has a nVidia GeForce Go 7400.
I was able to obtain driver version 179.48 from nVidia control panel
and from Windows control panel, it says 6. 14. 11. 7948.
I'm afraid I'm not sure which one is the version you need.

Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 3, 2009 at 12:56:52 pm

Hmm, I just checked nVidia driver web page for notebooks and it is in fact the latest notebook driver. The workstation drivers are in 182 range which is what we are testing with. We'll try a win laptop with that driver version next.

I'm sure that at some point nVidia will catch up with laptop support in their latest generation drivers but I do not know when this is going to happen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]