BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Boris 4.3.2

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Strasser
Boris 4.3.2
on Mar 27, 2009 at 7:14:36 am

Boris 4.3.2 will not let me use videos with splines; I only get freeze frame but no action. Also, I can get motion if I extrude the spline, but simply cannot change any of the border colors. I try to change but it will not accept changes?? Using Media 100I XS 8.3.2, Mac G4, dual, external arays, etc. Tried contacting Boris about whether the newest update won't work with G4 but they never responded. Anyone have any ideas?

Ben Strasser

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Boris 4.3.2
on Mar 27, 2009 at 1:22:33 pm

Hi Ben,

regarding this: Boris 4.3.2 will not let me use videos with splines

Have you attempted to use the product in standalone mode? Try running the RED engine and see if that solves the spline video problem that you are seeing. If it isn't working in standalone then this could be an indicator that there might be something awry with the RED preference file on your system. You can simply delete this file to reset it. RED should allow you to use video on spline objects in either mode but I'm asking you to try the standalone mode of operation to remove the M100 host from the equation and isolate the problem.

regarding this: but simply cannot change any of the border colors

Make sure that you have the spline track that you are attempting to change selected before you make the change. I'm pretty sure the cause of the problem is rooted in the selection

regarding this: the newest update won't work with G4

I'm certain that the latest update will operate just fine on a G4 system

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]