BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC 6 Doesn't Work On My System

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew DenningBCC 6 Doesn't Work On My System
by on Mar 22, 2009 at 11:37:57 pm

I just installed the BCC 6 demo and the plugins don't work. The particulars: G4 Dual 1.25/2 GB RAM/ATI Radeon 9000/AE CS3/OSX 10.5.6. Is the new version not meant for my system? Not even the simplest of filters work. I apply one to a clip and nothing happens--it doesn't even show up in the FX tab. Is there some requirement that my system doesn't meet? Also, I noticed that no 3D Extruded Text filter was installed--not that it would have worked anyway.:) Any info for me as to why?

Btw, the BCC 5 demo worked fine on my current configuration. What's changed?

Thanks very much.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC 6 Doesn't Work On My System
by on Mar 24, 2009 at 12:38:49 pm

Hi Andrew,

The reason that the 3D Objects filters did not appear in the effects list on your system is that your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this part of the product. On the Apple platform, the 3D Objects category of filters requires a MacIntel equipped system running Leopard. You're running Leopard but on a G4 so the installer detects this hardware configuration and does not install those filters.

I'm surprised to hear that the other filters from BCC 6 do not work on your G4 - this should not be the case. Please send a message to the support team at to see if there is something that they can do to assist you in getting the software to work on that system.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved