BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

can avid and boris co-exist peacefully?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
greg janza
can avid and boris co-exist peacefully?
on Mar 19, 2009 at 8:44:13 pm

I've recently delved into learning Boris Red while working within an avid mediacomposer on a mac.

a few questions for those who are veterans:

1.the many pre-built text moves that reside inside red seem to retain all of their default info when i try to add them to my boris timeline. how can I add a pre-built text move to a text layer that i've already built in my boris timeline?

2. it seems that if i make any changes to a boris red layer in my avid timeline the entire boris effect needs to be re-rendered. is it possible to set up boris to only re-render the changed aspects of my effect?

3. if i change the duration of my boris effect in my avid timeline all of the boris effect parameters change with the duration change. is this changeable? also, if i do an add edit on a boris effect layer in my avid timeline, it then creates two identical effects. is there any way to add edits to a boris effect layer in avid without having boris adjust all of it's parameters to the new length?

thanks for any and all help.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: can avid and boris co-exist peacefully?
on Mar 20, 2009 at 11:11:48 pm

Hi,

So you asked ...

1.the many pre-built text moves that reside inside red seem to retain all of their default info when i try to add them to my boris timeline. how can I add a pre-built text move to a text layer that i've already built in my boris timeline?

First open the text generator for the text track that you have created. Then select the text in the text window. Then select the effect from the library browser that you want. Then press the play button in the text generator window. Then, if you are satisfied with the effect, apply the effect to the timeline and close the library browser.

2. it seems that if i make any changes to a boris red layer in my avid timeline the entire boris effect needs to be re-rendered. is it possible to set up boris to only re-render the changed aspects of my effect?

Nope ... if you change any part of the effect then it needs to be re-rendered.

3. if i change the duration of my boris effect in my avid timeline all of the boris effect parameters change with the duration change. is this changeable?

You can control that via the Keyframe Palette. With "Keep Keyframe time" enabled, the effect timing remains the same if you change the length of the effect. Disable this function to stretch the keyframes to fit the new effect length.

also, if i do an add edit on a boris effect layer in my avid timeline, it then creates two identical effects. is there any way to add edits to a boris effect layer in avid without having boris adjust all of it's parameters to the new length?

See above.

Hope this helps,

Cheers.

Peter.

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: can avid and boris co-exist peacefully?
on Mar 23, 2009 at 8:17:54 pm

peter-

thank you for answering all of my questions. Your info will help to streamline my workflow.

much appreciated.
greg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]