BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Red audio

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim JonesBoris Red audio
by on Mar 15, 2009 at 5:07:23 pm

Does anyone have any ideas why I have no audio with Boris Red 4.3.1, I have the "preview with audio" option ticked and have tried .MOV, .WAV and .MP3 files with no luck.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris Red audio
by on Mar 16, 2009 at 6:02:58 pm

Hi,

I just checked 4.3.1 on a Mac and it worked as expected with audio. Are you on a Mac or Windows system?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jim JonesRe: Boris Red audio
by on Mar 17, 2009 at 12:15:30 pm

I`m on XP SP3, the audio plays OK using the little preview button on the track but not as part of the composition. Boris is such a steep learning curve that I wondered if I was suffering from some sort of "cognitive deficit".

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris Red audio
by on Mar 17, 2009 at 1:16:54 pm

Good - so the audio is making it's way through the system. Well one thing to understand is that the "preview with audio" applies only to the preview to RAM, and does not include pressing the spacebar to preview the clip. You need to first ensure that Preview with Audio is enabled and then press the zero key while keeping the control key held down. This action should kick off the preview to RAM with audio.

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jim JonesRe: Boris Red audio
by on Mar 17, 2009 at 2:21:43 pm

Cheers Peter, that did it. If you added a couple of editing functions to Red you would have something that could replace Premiere Pro and After Effects, thanks.

Return to posts index

Steve PankowRe: Boris Red audio
by on Mar 27, 2009 at 4:34:19 pm

Where do you enable Preview with Audio in Red 3.0.4?

I can bring a .wav file into the timeline, play it using the play button and scrub using the mouse (though the video goes to black because it can't apparently handle multi-tracked comps).

I cannot define a portion of the timeline, do a CTRL+0 preview to ram (the video does preview) and hear the audio. Does it only preview with audio for the entire timeline?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]