BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Film Damage Resolution problem

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Warren's OatesFilm Damage Resolution problem
by on Mar 6, 2009 at 4:27:36 pm

I'm using Boris 4.2.2 Film damage effect on Avid Composer v3.1.2 and every time I apply the effect and render it, the playback quality on effected clips looks terrible. Lines are jagged and the res is poor.

I thought it might be a field order issue, and I have tried all the render settings within the effect, and Avid's Media Creation settings to no avail.
Any help woudld be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Film Damage Resolution problem
by on Mar 9, 2009 at 1:33:02 pm

Hi,

Are you using AVX 1.5 or 2.0 effects? If you are using AVX 1.5 what happens when you promote the effect to AVX 2?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Warren's OatesRe: Film Damage Resolution problem
by on Mar 9, 2009 at 10:09:09 pm

Hey Peter
I honestly do not know if I'm Avx 1.5 or 2.0 No where can I find that info. Even on the Boris install disc, it just says AVX, not which version. Also, there is no "promote to" inside the effect either. I'm stumped.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Film Damage Resolution problem
by on Mar 9, 2009 at 10:43:12 pm

Hi Warren,

Hmmm ... well if the effects are AVX 1.5 then you should not see the advanced keyframe editor in the effects control panel when you are in effect mode. If you are seeing the graph for keyframing then you are working with AVX 2 filters.

If you have an AVX 1.5 effect from another system and need to use this with the AVX 2 version, when you go into AVX 2 mode you should see a button at the bottom of the effects panel that enables you to "promote" the effect to AVX 2.

If all of this is confusing or doesn't seem right then please feel free to send an email to our support group at support@borisfx.com and someone there can step you through the process.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]