BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

RED 3GL <---> RED 4 differences

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maxwell FedermanRED 3GL <---> RED 4 differences
by on Mar 3, 2009 at 1:25:03 am

Hello. If I am looking for help learning the basics to some of RED's 3-D, lighting, and camera movement effects could I stand to gain by viewing the RED 3GL training DVD?

I noticed some pretty appealing presets in the Library Browser of (Boris BLUE) which I do not have, but it did appear as if the bulk of them were created utilizing elements that are available in RED also.

If anyone knows of a tutorial that explains how to create 3d camera effects within RED, you'd be doing a nice thing by pointing me to it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post,

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: RED 3GL <---> RED 4 differences
by on Mar 3, 2009 at 2:00:44 pm

Hi Max,

Here's a link to the tutorial section of our web site - it's a good place to get your feet wet with regard to using the RED interface.

There are also tutorials available from within RED ... just click on the help menu option and select Boris RED help. This action launches a web browser and opens the electronic help system that ships with the RED application. In this help system you can find tutorials and other helpful information regarding use of RED as standalone or plugged-into a host.

The DVD is also very useful and certainly worth your time.

I hope this helps,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved