BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Red 4.3.2 for MAC?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Wright
Red 4.3.2 for MAC?
on Mar 1, 2009 at 8:52:39 pm

Is the new RED updater only for Windows, or is it also for using CS4 and RED on the MAC? I noticed a link to download the MAC version of Red, but it doesn't mention the revision number on the file. I was also wondering if all the BCC filters in the new RED update are the same as the new Continuum 6 filter sets.

Dual 2.5 G5, IO, Kona LH, IO, Medea Raid, UL4D, NVidia 6800, 4Gig RAM
Octocore 8 GB Ram, Radeon card, MBP, MXO
Windows Vista Adobe Studio CS4, Vegas 8.0, Lightwave 9.3, Sound Forge 9, Acid Pro 7, Continuum 5, Boris Red 4, Combustion 2008, Sapphire Effects

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Red 4.3.2 for MAC?
on Mar 2, 2009 at 2:08:03 pm

Hi Christopher,

The update is indeed cross-platform. Feel free to download and install.

The main feature set of RED 4 has not changed - the 4.3.2 point release is a maintenance release intended to better support the CS4 versions of AE and Premiere Pro and does not include any new filters from BCC 6. RED 4 includes the BCC5 filter set - BCC 6 is a brand new product and was released only a few weeks ago.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Christopher Wright
Re: Red 4.3.2 for MAC?
on Mar 3, 2009 at 3:09:15 am

There isn't an uninstaller available on the MAC like on the Windows version, right? Do you still have to trash the entire older RED 4.3 folder, or can you install the 4.3.2 on the Mac keeping the 4.3 folder?
Also the reason I asked about the RED Continuum filters versus the Continuum 6 is, I installed C6 before installing the new RED 4.3.2 upgrade on the Windows Vista machine, and it looked like it said it was "fixing permissions" for all the BCC filters while they were installing from the RED upgrade. Do you have to reinstall C6 after upgrading RED to 4.3.2??

Dual 2.5 G5, IO, Kona LH, IO, Medea Raid, UL4D, NVidia 6800, 4Gig RAM
Octocore 8 GB Ram, Radeon card, MBP, MXO
Windows Vista Adobe Studio CS4, Vegas 8.0, Lightwave 9.3, Sound Forge 9, Acid Pro 7, Continuum 5, Boris Red 4, Combustion 2008, Sapphire Effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]