BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Graffiti or Red for Titling

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Daniels
Graffiti or Red for Titling
on Feb 28, 2009 at 9:25:03 pm

Hi All,

I need a more robust titler than what Premier Pro 2 has for a new client. Can I get some suggestions.... Graffiti or Red...or maybe something else?

Thanks in advance,
-Dustin

Dustin Daniels | http://www.sozovideo.com

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Graffiti or Red for Titling
on Mar 2, 2009 at 1:43:49 pm

Hi,

Graffiti and RED are superb titling solutions and both are capable of generating 2D and 3D text with automation for roll/crawl/face/zoom/shuffle etc. Both are scanline rendering title solutions, with an OpenGL preview to ease set-up. Graffiti is a sub-set of RED and is our base level titling solution. The step up from Graffiti is RED.

Boris Blue is another titling option from BorisFX, and includes the same 2D and 3D titling options as RED but it comes with an OpenGL renderer, meaning a super fast export of the generated 3D titles. Think of Blue as kind of like RED with more creative options such as 3D warping and shading for text elements and the ability to render these graphics with scene reflection / texture mapping and imported video in real-time.

I would strongly suggest downloading the free trial version of RED and Blue to see if one of these titling applications meets your needs.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Dustin Daniels
on Mar 2, 2009 at 2:04:19 pm

Thank you Peter. Are these free trial periods full access or do they include watermarks etc?

Thanks again for your help.
-Dustin

Dustin Daniels | http://www.sozovideo.com

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Mar 2, 2009 at 2:10:42 pm

Hi Dustin,

The trial versions are actually full versions of the product which render without any watermark for 2 weeks. After the 2 week trial period has expired, future renders include a watermark in the rendered composite, however the software remains fully functional.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Susan Reis
on Apr 1, 2009 at 5:10:50 pm

Peter,

I found your comments very interesting and you may just be the one to help me.

I'm using Boris Graffiti in Pinnacle Studio 12 (don't cringe...I'm an old producer who needed an easy system fast).

I'm not making full use of your software. I've watched the tutorials on the site, but need more information to really fly with it.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Susan

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Apr 1, 2009 at 5:39:28 pm

Hi Susan,

I'd suggest working with the Library Browser in standalone mode to get your feet wet with the Graffiti software and spending some time going through the tutorials that are available on our web site at http://www.borisfx.com/tutorials/. Then, once you're comfortable with the toolset use it in the host environment as a plug-in.

One interesting about using the Browser is that you can load an effect, then twirl down the layers in the timeline to see how it was created. It's actually a great way to learn the product.

If you need assistance with a particular effect feel free to contact me directly at peterm@borisfx.com and I'll do what I can to assist you in completing the effect.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]