BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Axel Andytutorials
by on Feb 15, 2009 at 11:07:00 pm

With some downtime I'm trying to learn more of what Red can do. I've taken myself through the tutorials that came with the books & the program but there is so much more that could be learned. I went to the boris site and found a specific area for tutorials on Red with Avid. But right off the bat I have a problem learning about the crhoma key. the tutorial talks about a bcc chroma key while my version of boris (3.04) simply shows "chroma key" under matts & keys. so the tutorial's screen shots don't match up with mine.

I want to learn what EVERY thing in the Keys/Matts filter set does. The book gives a simple overview but it doesn't "teach" and it doesn't give examples of how they are differnet and why you'd use one over the other. Can I get a detailed tutorial on keys & matts (followed by detailed tutorials on the rest....)

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: tutorials
by on Feb 17, 2009 at 5:37:36 pm

Hi K,

I'll keep this in mind and see if we can create some sort of overview to the different keyers at some stage soon. I think many would benefit from this info - thanks for mentioning it.

Return to posts index

Axel AndyRe: tutorials
by on Feb 17, 2009 at 7:08:17 pm

Peter -
I know I don't speak for just myself when I say that would be great.
I learned so much just by taking myself through the brief tutorials in the book but after page 93 you're on your own. The first thing I'd like is an explanation of why you would use a certain filter or effect...then go on with the "how" part. As always...thanks...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved