BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Alpha channel problem with PSD file Boris FX/Vegas 8

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Mark
Alpha channel problem with PSD file Boris FX/Vegas 8
on Feb 14, 2009 at 10:04:47 pm

I am trying to add Boris FX to a PSD title with alpha channel and Boris is not seeing the alpha.
The PSD alpha works fine on the timeline, but not when I add Boris FX to it. I have the alpha on in "preferences" within Boris.

Is there another alpha setting that needs to be toggled on? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mukesh Shah
Re: Alpha channel problem with PSD file Boris FX/Vegas 8
on Feb 17, 2009 at 9:00:53 pm

Hi Bob,

Alpha is not passed to Boris UI when applied as a Filter. You will need to bring the alpha file straight into FX UI. So,

1) apply FX as a Filter to a video clip & then launch Boris FX UI & layer on V2 the alpha file by bringing it straight in Boris FX UI etc

or

2) apply Boris FX as a Filter in Vegas to an Empty Event on V2 & then launch Boris FX UI & bring in the file with alpha in FX UI etc

or

3) apply Boris FX FX as a Generator (instead of applying it as a Filter to an Empty Event on V2) on V2 in Vegas & then launch
Boris FX UI & bring in the alpha file straight in there etc

note: this is a Static Generator with 1 frame duration so you won't be able to animate. If you want to animate then you need to follow steps in 1 or 2.

Hope this helps.

- Mukesh Shah

Boris FX, Inc.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Feb 17, 2009 at 9:16:12 pm

Vegas will not pass us alpha when applied as a Filter. You will need to bring the alpha file straight into FX UI. So,

1) apply FX as a Filter to a video clip and then launch us and layer on V2 the alpha file by bringing it straight in FX UI etc

or

2) apply FX as a Filter in Vegas to an Empty Event on V2 and then launch us and bring in the file with alpha in FX UI etc

or

3) apply FX as a Generator (instead of applying it as a Filter to an Empty Event on V2) on V2 in Vegas and then launch FX UI and bring in the alpha file straight in there etc

note: this is a Static Generator with 1 frame duration so you won't be able to animate. If you want to animate then you need to follow steps in 1 or 2

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Feb 17, 2009 at 9:41:26 pm

Thank you. I kind of figured that maybe that was the case.
Thanks.

Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]