BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Background video opacity not rendering

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Rogers
Background video opacity not rendering
on Feb 13, 2009 at 9:46:26 pm

Hi- I am a fairly new RED user and have created a short animated logo that is not rendering correctly. I basically have an extruded logo fly in on top of a video background. The video background should fade up from black starting with opacity of zero at the start of the movie and at five seconds it should reach opacity of 100, then at six seconds it should fade back to zero (6 seconds into the video the background should fade to black). It is fading up and down when previewed in RED, but when exported the background cuts and does not fade. You can see from the video that at six seconds the video background just cuts to black when it should fade to black in 1 second.

Here is a link to preview the logo. https://webspace.utexas.edu/m1rogers/coc_logo_final_h264.mov

I was not sure why this is happening, I assume I am missing something inside RED that is causing this. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mark R.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Background video opacity not rendering
on Feb 17, 2009 at 5:14:49 pm

Hi Mark,

It might be something simple that is causing this to happen. If you would like to send me the RED project file I'll gladly take a look at it to see if I can figure out a solution. You can send the file to me via email at peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Feb 17, 2009 at 6:13:58 pm

Hi Mark,

I received the project from you but I forgot to ask you what host you are using RED in when you see this problem. Also, what operating system are you running this on? So I would like to know:

• Host name and version
• OS type and version

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Feb 17, 2009 at 6:36:26 pm

Hi Mark,

I just rendered the effect in Final Cut and it looked fine ... can you please send me your host/platform info?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]