BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

installed BCC 5.0.1-filters not showing in AE

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Rhodeinstalled BCC 5.0.1-filters not showing in AE
by on Jan 20, 2009 at 4:05:22 pm

I just installed BCC 5.0.1 on a few macs running OS 10.5.4 and the Adobe CS3 suite. The trouble is that in After Effects (8.0.1) the BCC effects do not appear in the Effects Pull Down or in the Effects Controls window. I looked and there is a BCC 5.0 folder located in the Applications folder, but it only contains supporting materials. There is another folder in the presets in the Library/Application Support folder, and another in the Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-Ins/CS3/MediaCore/BCC5.0 that contains the .bundle files.

Any reasons that are obvious that the filters would not show up in After Effects? Am I just not looking in the wrong location for the filters? Do I need to import them before they will show up?

Thanks!

Jeff

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: installed BCC 5.0.1-filters not showing in AE
by on Jan 20, 2009 at 5:10:28 pm

Hi Jeff,

When you installed the BCC filters, did you select CS3 in the BCC installer prompt? Are you installing this onto MacIntel or G5 (PPC) systems?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jeff RhodeRe: installed BCC 5.0.1-filters not showing in AE
by on Jan 20, 2009 at 5:49:26 pm

yes--I did select the option for AE 8.0 during the installation.
This is going on Mac Pro Intel computers.

Thanks!

Jef

Return to posts index

by on Jan 20, 2009 at 6:03:25 pm

Hi Jeff,

I think the installer that you are using for BCC 5 might not be the latest version as this sounds like an issue that was fixed with the latest version of BCC 5.

To fix it on your end, you need to move the filters from the MediaCore folder and place them into the AE CS3 plug-ins folder. (Applications/Adobe After Effects CS3/Plug-ins/) You need to make sure to remove them completely from the MediaCore folder to avoid getting error messages about duplicate filters.

Please let me know if that solves the problem for you.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 20, 2009 at 6:57:34 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Peter. I did try that before, but did it again just to be sure and they did not appear. I did quit and relaunch in between as well. This is frustrating. Maybe I will try downloading an updated installer and try it on 1 machine?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 20, 2009 at 7:57:00 pm

Hi Jeff,

I can understand how this must be frustrating for you and with that I'd like to have one of our tech support guru's talk you through this over the phone. If you could please send me (privately) your number I'll have one of the guys give you a call within the next hour or so to resolve the issue. You can send your phone number to me at peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 21, 2009 at 4:36:49 pm

Many thanks to Peter Mcauley and Jon K. from Boris. Peter was nice enough to contact me directly after reading about my problem on the forum. He asked their technician Jon K. to call me to troubleshoot and figure out the problem-he called within 1 hour of emailing with Peter and everything is up and running with the BCC effects.

The solution was the updater that was available from the Boris website. Since I was using an installer with the same version number I didn't think that there would need the updater on the site. Turns out my discs were from Tiger and the updater made BCC play nice with Leopard and After Effects.

Thanks guys!

Jeff

Return to posts index

by on Jan 23, 2009 at 2:00:35 pm

Thanks for all of your kind words Jeff - I'm glad that we could assist you in solving the problem.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]