BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

RED 4.3.1 unresponsive / strange window behavior

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis BorkRED 4.3.1 unresponsive / strange window behavior
by on Jan 18, 2009 at 9:02:10 pm

Hey folks,

I downloaded the trial version of Boris RED 4.3.1 and installed the generic engine, the FCP plugins and the additional stuff. Now, when it comes to either starting the RED engine app itself or starting RED from FCP, a couple of minutes everything seems okay. Then, if I click a window titlebar it sticks to my mouse pointer and I can't get rid of it (pressing Escape, clicking any button, ... does not help). The other issue, sometimes RED just hangs if I press a button. Buttons that I hover over with my mouse pointer still get highlighted, but the rest does not respond. After some time (and closing the unresponsive RED windows) I can quit out of the application ... I guess this is a strange window behavior of RED, not a general app problem. I also tried any window behavior option in the RED preference pane.

Additional to that, I can not read the help HTML files ... neither in Firefox nor Safari nor Camino.

My system configuration:

MacBook 1,83 GHz
2 GB of RAM
Intel grapics onboard

I hope somebody knows how to cure...

Cheers
Dennis

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: RED 4.3.1 unresponsive / strange window behavior
by on Jan 19, 2009 at 2:01:17 pm

Hi Dennis,

It's unclear to me what the cause of this strange behavior might be so I suggest that if you don't see any helpful responses to your query on this forum that you contact our support department directly and have one of the techs walk you through resolving this issue.

You can reach them at support@borisfx.com

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Dennis BorkRe: RED 4.3.1 unresponsive / strange window behavior
by on Jan 21, 2009 at 9:03:59 am

Thank you Peter. I've contacted support.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 30, 2009 at 9:05:50 pm

Hey Peter

wrote to BorisFX support 10 days ago, no response yet - if any supports person is reading that, I'd appreciate a message. Thanks.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: RED 4.3.1 unresponsive / strange window behavior
by on Feb 10, 2009 at 7:44:31 pm

Hi Dennis,

I was just checking back to see if this issue was resolved but from your most recent post it looks as though you are still waiting for a response from support. They are typically really good about returning messages left on the phone or on email so I have to assume that somehow the message did not make it through to them. Perhaps it was filtered by our spam software, which can sometimes inadvertently mark something as spam.

So, back to the issue. Have you tried repairing permissions on your system? I'd try that first. If you've already done that then it's possible that there is a problem with the download. If that's the case then you'll need to re-download the file and reinstall. If neither of these options resolve the issue then we need help from support. I'll check back with them to see if they got the message and have them get in touch with you either way.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 10, 2009 at 8:30:43 pm

Hi Peter,

you're right, I did not get any response from support yet. I'll try the suggested steps, if it does not cure my problems, I'll get back to you. Thank you,

best regards
Dennis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]