BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

It's not snowing

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig SawchukIt's not snowing
by on Dec 30, 2008 at 7:59:32 pm

I downloaded the free snow filter several months ago. I needed to rebuild my Final Cut so I trashed stuff and started over... When I went to re-install the snow filter from the DMG it said I couldn't because the offer had expired. What's up with that??? Was there some fine print that I missed? Seems like questionable PR to say it's free, provided you don't ever have to do a re-install. Is there a workaround?

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: It's not snowing
by on Dec 31, 2008 at 3:08:59 am

Hi Craig,

Actually the BCC Snow filter was a limited time freebie - and I'm pretty sure that was clearly stated on the web site at that time when the offer was valid. Had you not uninstalled it, the filter would have continued to operate as expected indefinitely, as long as you used it from the original installation. Unfortunately the filter installer timed out quite some time ago and the offer is no longer valid.

You can download the trial version of BCC FxPlug, and use that for the next two weeks, totally free of charge and without watermark to complete a project. Other than that the only option available is to purchase the full version of the product.

Return to posts index

Craig SawchukRe: It's not snowing
by on Jan 2, 2009 at 10:23:55 pm

Okay, I get it. It was free -- but you had to read the fine print, including avoiding a reinstall, 'cause then it's not free anymore -- except that it's free for 2 weeks. Right???

Seems to me that the purpose of a loss leader should be to make you feel good about the provider, not to piss off potential clients. But at least I learned about how Boris deals with people -- for free, sorta...

Craig Sawchuk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved