BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Doesn't Work Properly in FCP

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louis LapatBoris Doesn't Work Properly in FCP
by on Dec 15, 2008 at 7:40:48 pm

I have FCP 6.05. Title 3D is not working correctly. I can open it but when I press on the 'Text Entry and Style' section it temporarily freezes or will only allows me to change certain attributes. When I click on other attributes to modify something (say like outline) nothing happens, or it takes a really long time to switch. Then it is impossible to change any of the attributes. I've trashed preferences several times but it didn't work.

Any advice?

Thank you, I've had no advice googling or pouring over dozens of forums.

-Lou

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris Doesn't Work Properly in FCP
by on Dec 16, 2008 at 2:08:04 pm

HI Lou,

I'd like to be able to offer you some advice on how you can get this to work again but I'm at a loss as to what has caused Title 3D to stop working for you. The best advice that I can offer is that you contact one of our staff members in the support department and see if they can help. You can reach them by sending an email to support@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

david bogieRe: Boris Doesn't Work Properly in FCP
by on Jan 12, 2009 at 10:54:32 pm

I broke all of my Boris generators when I went to Leopard last week. Hitting any control on Title 3D crashes FCP6+.

Anyone checked Boris site for an update? They do that sometimes.

Nevermind, there's no one home at borisefx.com

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Louis LapatRe: Boris Doesn't Work Properly in FCP
by on Jan 12, 2009 at 10:59:43 pm

I was able to fix my problem. All I have to do is run 'repair disk permissions' under system utilities and then title 3-d works again. I usually run it on my external hard drive and internal and it does the trick every time.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris Doesn't Work Properly in FCP
by on Jan 13, 2009 at 2:14:40 pm

Hi Dave,

Louis mentioned in his response that he was able to solve a similar issue on his system by simply repairing the permissions on the affected system - have you tried that and if so, did this solution work for you?

Please let us know when you have a chance.

Also, we were all here in the office yesterday and available to assist ... are you sure you had the correct email address? I noticed a misspelling in your message (you had borisefx.com instead of borisfx.com) and perhaps your email did not make it through as a result of that?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]