BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

what is a well layer in FCP?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian gilbertwhat is a well layer in FCP?
by on Dec 12, 2008 at 3:40:37 pm

New to Boris here, just got the Optical Stabilizer to try in FCP. But it supers on screen: "This filter cannot operate without media in its topmost well layer. Please drag your source clip into the well."

What does that mean? I don't know anything about a well in FCP.

Also, the reference frame slider goes from 0-1000. Am I supposed to calculate how many frames into my clip I want the reference frame, and enter that?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: what is a well layer in FCP?
by on Dec 12, 2008 at 5:57:39 pm

The image well is in the control panel beside the parameter labeled Source Layer and looks like a sunken square (or depressed box) and will have a film frame with a question mark in it until you drop a media clip onto it. Drag media from the bin onto this icon to provide the filter with the media that it needs to function.

The reference frame is the I frame of the clip, ie, the locked down frame around which you wish to stabilize the effect. Enter the frame number in the Reference Frame parameter and the clip will lock this frame and stabilize other frames around it.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

brian gilbertRe: what is a well layer in FCP?
by on Dec 16, 2008 at 5:11:12 pm

Thanks Peter, that gets me going. Seems odd, instead of applying the filter to my clip as usual, I have to apply the clip to the filter. But, now I know!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved