BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC5 for AE CS4 file errors

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tudor Applen
BCC5 for AE CS4 file errors
on Dec 11, 2008 at 4:19:21 am

I get an error when I load After Effects CS4 as it tries to initialize BCC5 saying "After Effects error: making file specification - file not found (43)" It does this to every plug-in in the BCC5 package. I've moved all the plug in files to the mediacore folder.

I have the most current OSX 10.5.5

Also, is there a correct way to uninstall BCC5?

Thanks!

Tudor

Tudor Applen

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC5 for AE CS4 file errors
on Dec 11, 2008 at 2:13:17 pm

Hi,

Did you use the latest version of the BCC 5 installer? We recently uploaded a newer version that includes an install target specifically for CS4. I would like to suggest that you download the latest version and re-install the product. BCC 5 is compatible with CS4 so you should not be getting those errors.

Regarding the uninstallation of the product ... you are on a Mac so this must be done manually, ie, by performing a search for BCC 5 and then deleting the plugs that are listed in the search result.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Tudor Applen
on Dec 11, 2008 at 6:24:53 pm

Thank you for your response. I downloaded it only 2 days ago. It did have the ability to target CS4, so I guess it's the latest download - and that's not the problem. Thanks again.

Tudor Applen

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Dec 12, 2008 at 2:21:35 pm

Okay - it was the first thing that came to mind but apparently that wasn't it. If you can, please contact our support department at support@borisfx.com and a tech will work with you to get your system up and running.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Mathieu St-Arnaud
on Jan 27, 2009 at 7:59:27 pm

Hello,

I am having the same issue on my when trying to install BCC 5.0.1 on my MacPro running AE CS4.

I have tried transfering the plug-ins to the MediaCore folder as advised by the tech support @boris. I am still waiting to hear from them again.

Was there a fix found and if so, what was it ?

Thank you !

m.

Return to posts index

Tudor Applen
on Jan 27, 2009 at 9:05:00 pm

No resolution yet! They did suggest installing to the desktop and transfering the files manually, to the plug-in folders. Haven't tried that yet. Littlle faith in this prospect though.

Return to posts index

Mathieu St-Arnaud
on Jan 27, 2009 at 9:57:58 pm

I just tried reinstalling BCC from scratch but this time, I selected CS4 and Custom Install at the same time.

The CS4 installer always put the BCC plugins in the Application/AE CS4/plugins folder for me, not the MediaCore.

So I selected the Mediacore folder as destination for the Custom Install and the only message I got when opening AE CS4 was that I had duplicates plugins ... but the BCCs loaded just fine !

I then quit AE, deleted the plugins in the App/AE/plugins folder (keeping the ones in MediaCore) and restarted AE and they seem to be working fine. (did 2 test exports)

m.

Return to posts index

Mathieu St-Arnaud
on Jan 27, 2009 at 10:14:01 pm

Forgot to mention I selected the Universal Custom Install.

MacPro
OS 10.5.5
AE CS4 9.0.1
BCC 5.0.1

m.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]