BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Preparing logos for import into Boris Red

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Keane
Preparing logos for import into Boris Red
on Nov 25, 2008 at 6:54:44 pm

Hi...new Boris user, having a difficult time creating, then importing logos into Boris timeline. The problem is that when imported, for use with the Bitmap to Vector tool, the images suffer from severe jagged edges. I have tried numerous formats, all created at high quality to no avail. They look fine in Photoshop, I import them as directed, and when I try to 'outline' them to create the 3D Extrusion feature, the image is not crisp...straight lines are now show severe jagged edges I have imported GIF, TIF and most recently PSD files...all above 800 DPI. I must be missing something...help?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Preparing logos for import into Boris Red
on Nov 26, 2008 at 2:04:47 pm

Hi Tom,

It's unclear to me what exactly the root cause of the problem that you are having with the bitmap to vector tool but there are several things that you might want to try.

• open the vector trace palette (window>vector trace) and adjust the tolerance values. you'll have to create a new spline every time you make a change to this parameter but it's something to look at

• in the vector trace palette, set the trace channel pop-up to alpha

• you should also disable the view of other tracks and turn off the checkerboard so that you are tracing the alpha over black

• trace tolerance should be set to 1, trace threshold to 50, and pre-blur to 3

• in the spline tools palette, make sure the freehand tolerance is set to 3

Then try to trace the object. If this does not work for you please feel free to send me the image and I'll trace it and send you a RED project settings file.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Tom Keane
on Nov 26, 2008 at 6:39:59 pm

Thanks Peter,

The settings definitely improved my results, but the image is still in need of 'tweaking' to make it look presentable. Thanks for your help. I would love to send you the images I am working with...not sure how to 'attach' the file...thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Nov 26, 2008 at 6:55:49 pm

Hi Tom,

The best method for sending the images to me is via FTP. There's a free FTP utility that you can use - yousendit.com. Give that a shot and let me know when you have sent them. My email is peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]