BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Training DVD for BCC presets won't work

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark andersonBoris Training DVD for BCC presets won't work
by on Nov 10, 2008 at 7:27:47 pm

Hey all, I've gotten an old training dvde from steve bayes covering boris bcc for avx use. very useful. it also came with a bushel of preset transitions and looks that i've used forever. when we upgraded to avid 3.1, and the newer bcc, the presets and transitions stopped being recognized with the blank effect logo. any chance these can be used with the new software? i tried deleting and re installing them from the disk, but no luck. just trying to save some time. Thanks

Mark Anderson
WTTW-Chicago

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: Boris Training DVD for BCC presets won't work
by on Nov 10, 2008 at 11:39:14 pm

Hi Mark,

What happens if you use the load button and set the pop-up to "all files" instead of" the default of all readable files" when selecting the greyed out preset? Does that work?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

mark andersonRe: Boris Training DVD for BCC presets won't work
by on Nov 11, 2008 at 12:03:19 am

hi peter,

this includes preset effects i've saved in a bin and brought over to the new software to use (only blank, unrecognized effects icons), and also effects in sequences created in the old avid (1.3) adrenaline--only blanks, or sometimes asked to automatically upgrade effect to avx 2.0 and the effect may look similar, but does not do the base transition between the 2 clips on video 1 (lens flares and other lights may appear though).

thanks,

Mark Anderson

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris Training DVD for BCC presets won't work
by on Nov 11, 2008 at 1:54:42 pm

Hi Mark,

We're looking into the issue in our labs to see if we can reproduce the problem that you are seeing.

I might need you to send me some files to aid in troubleshooting the issue - I'll know more later on.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 11, 2008 at 3:11:45 pm

Hi Mark,

We believe the the issue is due to BCC 3 effects not automatically coming forward to AVX 2 in MC 3.1. There is an option to install BCC 3 with the BCC 5 product installer - you should re-run the installer and select this option so that you have both BCC 3 and BCC 5 installed on the system. Then the bins and effects that you have been using should behave exactly as expected.

Please let us know how this works for you.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

mark andersonRe: Boris Training DVD for BCC presets won't work
by on Dec 1, 2008 at 10:28:38 pm

peter,
finally got around to re installing, and we're at 4.2.2 on the install disk. no wording about installing 3.0, but did install upgrade from avx 1.5 to 2.0. still not working at this end. don't see upgrading to 5.0 as an option here.

thanks,

mark anderson
wttw chicago

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2008 at 2:17:28 pm

Hi Mark,

I think the only way for it to work is for you to make sure that you have BCC AVX 3.0 installed on that system. If you need assistance in finding the installer or going through the installation procedure then it might be best for you to get in touch with someone in our support group. You can reach them here support@borisfx.com

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]