BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

NewspaperPi font Red 3 vs. Red 4

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Pankow
NewspaperPi font Red 3 vs. Red 4
on Oct 3, 2008 at 9:33:55 pm

This font shows up in the Red 3 title tool font list yet won't let me either select or use it. In Red 4 it works as expected. What gives?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: NewspaperPi font Red 3 vs. Red 4
on Oct 6, 2008 at 12:47:59 pm

I am not certain of this but it might be the results of improvements to the software. If it was the other way around we would be concerned and would need to act but that it's something that did not function in RED 3 but functions in RED 4 should be seen as a testament to the diligence of our engineering staff, no? :)

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Steve Pankow
on Oct 6, 2008 at 3:14:40 pm

I'm pretty sure it functioned in 3 at some point because I have a project that displays the Newspaper Pi font as I used it two years ago.

However when I open the title tool the font reverts to something different and I cannot force it to choose Newspaper Pi using the dropdown menu. Accessing the font dropdown from the Control window allows you to select the font, but when you scrub through the timeline it reverts again to something different.

I know you'd like everybody to move on to 4, but it's just not going to happen at this place. I've got folks chomping at the bit to dump all four seats of Red and move on to After Effects.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Oct 6, 2008 at 3:39:02 pm

Gosh ... the release of RED 3 GL was so many years ago now that it's difficult for me to confirm that there was a font issue, which could have been introduced with a point release. I have no idea why this would work in RED 4 but not in RED 3 but I can hunt around to see if there is any additional information on the issue in our archives.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]