BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

How can I Regenerate the Thumbnails in Avid FX library Browser

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred JacksonHow can I Regenerate the Thumbnails in Avid FX library Browser
by on Sep 30, 2008 at 3:15:03 pm

Hi all, after opening Avid FX from within Xpress Pro and then launching the Library Browser I selected an effect and clcked on the Generate Thumbnail Button. Thumbnails were generated and the current frame of the clip I had been working on in the timeline of Xpress Pro became the picture for the effect.

My question is, How can I now change the Thumbnail picture which got assigned at that time to something different.

I note that the "Generate Thumbnail" button becomes disabled once it has generated the Thumbnails for the first time.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: How can I Regenerate the Thumbnails in Avid FX library Browser
by on Sep 30, 2008 at 7:30:31 pm

Hi,

Well one such way to do this would be to reload the effect into AvidFX standalone (not as a plug-in), then change the media to V1 and V2 (or whatever you want it to be) and then resave this into the Library Browser. Then you can regenerate the thumbnail for that effect.

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Fred JacksonRe: How can I Regenerate the Thumbnails in Avid FX library Browser
by on Oct 1, 2008 at 1:44:34 pm

Hi Peter, could you elaborate just a little more upon the steps you suggest I need to take please.

Do you mean take an effect from the Browser into the timeline then save the effect ? But how do I re-save into the Browser. Sorry to be a nuisance.

Regards

Fred

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: How can I Regenerate the Thumbnails in Avid FX library Browser
by on Oct 1, 2008 at 2:51:16 pm

Hi Fred,

Here are the step:

• launch the standalone AvidFX
• open the Library Browser
• import into AvidFX the composition from the Library that you wish to change
• change the media
• select File>Save Project Copy To Library - click on the Enable Preview checkbox in the dialog that appears before you click the save button

That's it. :)

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Fred JacksonRe: How can I Regenerate the Thumbnails in Avid FX library Browser
by on Oct 1, 2008 at 6:56:56 pm

Peter,your'e a star it works just fine. Thank you for your excellent response and assistance.

Regards

Fred

PS :: I will post this to the Avid Forum as I also asked this question there too but had no response yet,obviously I will ensure you take the credit,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]