BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Graffiti (Pinnacle 12 Ultimate)

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Bruchie
Boris Graffiti (Pinnacle 12 Ultimate)
on Sep 25, 2008 at 7:05:40 pm

Hi and thanks in advance for any help.

I am new to Graffiti and I have some questions about .eps files. I have read a couple of threads on this forum but I have not been able to find my answer.

1. To my understanding an .eps file is an vector image file. Am I correct?

2. I have tried to load an .eps file in graffiti and all seems well except nothing shows up in the preveiw window. I was expecting to see the image from the .eps file. ???

3. What I am trying to do is import an image and extrude it like you see on the Boris Graffiti web-site where it describes graffiti 5. (which is what I have).

Any pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Benjamin Bruchie
Re: Boris Graffiti (Pinnacle 12 Ultimate)
on Sep 27, 2008 at 1:23:44 pm

After some more reading I noticed that I am missing other features in boris as well. I am not given the option to import any kind of image file-only solids or gradients? Do I have a corrupted install or is there something tha I have not activaded yet? I tried reinstalling but that did nothing. Has anybody had this problem before?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Sep 29, 2008 at 2:22:05 pm

Hi,

There are two types of EPS files - vector EPS and Photoshop raster EPS. Only vector EPS files can be extruded. Graffiti will only accept Illustrator EPS files that have been saved as Illustrator 8 (or earlier) format. If you have a more recent version of Illustrator, you must choose the export option and export as Illustrator 8.

If you are not seeing the EPS file after import, it may be that the color of the artwork is black - have you checked that?

You should be able to achieve the effect that you are trying to create by following these steps:

• launch Graffiti
• you should se two tracks by default, a background and a text track
• click and hold the text icon at the right side of the text track in the timeline
• select EPS as media type
• click on the track type and set it to 3D extrusion

Hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

Benjamin Bruchie
on Sep 30, 2008 at 3:20:09 pm

Thanks I will try that later.

Return to posts index

Benjamin Bruchie
on Oct 1, 2008 at 1:42:12 pm

Peter, Thanks for your help. I was able to make some progress. I discovered as you mentioned that the problem was the .eps file format. I was creating the .eps with gimp. I created the eps file though another program and it worked - sort of. Can an .eps file or .ai file for that matter support transparency? The program that was making the adobe eps file did not and I was wondeering if it was an eps file limitation or the program I was using. (I am assuming it is the porgram I was using).

Are there certain features in this version of Graffiti (5.2)that are disabled? I cannot add video or still images to the faces of objects like Text or 3d planes. The Graffiti docs say I should be able and give illustions of it being done - however I don't get the options the docs say I should. Any ideas.

Thanks again for any help.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Oct 1, 2008 at 2:45:46 pm

Hi Ben,

The Adobe AI EPS format definitely includes support for alpha transparency.

Boris Graffiti is a sub-set of the program Boris RED, and indeed, there are features in RED that have not been included with Graffiti, such as video on the face of a text track.

In Graffiti you can have an image element, but not video, on the face of a text object - to do this follow these steps:

• create a text track
• create a 3D plane track
• set the media for the 3D plane to an image file
• twirl down the 3D plane track to reveal the mask sub-track
• drag the text track onto the mask sub-track of the image 3D plane track

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]