BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Red 3.0.4 BFX API Error

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Pankow
Red 3.0.4 BFX API Error
on Sep 19, 2008 at 5:45:28 pm

Loaded some new fonts onto my system. When I open Red and attempt to place a new text track onto my comp, I get the following error message:

BFX API Error
The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file.
MenuImp.cpp 65

Clicking through this error several times produces another error message:

BFX API Error
Invalid Menu handle
MenuImp.cpp 65

Deleting the .ini file and restarting doesn't help. Media Composer 2.2.10 runs fine and sees these new fonts, so I don't know what's up.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Red 3.0.4 BFX API Error
on Sep 19, 2008 at 7:17:08 pm

Hi Steve,

Have you tried to see if the RED standalone has the same problem with the font or whether this is isolated to when using RED within the host?

This type of problem might warrant an email to support to see if they have heard of the issue before. You can contact them here: support@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Steve Pankow
on Sep 19, 2008 at 7:24:10 pm

No, I'm working with Red as a standalone. I haven't tried it from within Avid yet.

I also have 4.2.1 installed on this system and it has no detectable problems with these new fonts.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Sep 19, 2008 at 7:36:14 pm

Hmmm ... well if the problem is not apparent in RED 4 then it could be an issue that we fixed with RED 3 and certain types of fonts. RED 3 is so old now that I couldn't tell you if this is indeed the case though.

P.

Return to posts index

Steve Pankow
on Sep 19, 2008 at 7:44:00 pm

It's old, but it's what my company has license to. Plus I don't like the new monochromatic menu scheme. ;)

FWIW, the font types in the directory (not sure is caps make a difference or not) are:

TTF, ttf, otf, fon, FON

with attributes ranging from:

A, RA and HA.

Return to posts index

Steve Pankow
on Sep 20, 2008 at 8:59:19 pm

I've finally determined that I had all kinds of problems with the font folder containing duplicate entries.

I rolled back and chose to limit the number of new fonts I installed from this new batch and now things appear to be back to normal.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]