BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Using the BCC Cube filter w/Avid Media Composer

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim J Malick
Using the BCC Cube filter w/Avid Media Composer
on Sep 19, 2008 at 12:57:08 am

Hello, I am having trouble creating a 4 sided (4 different video clips) BCC Cube with our avid Media Composer. I am choosing “Independent” in the Faces Parameter. However, I’m not sure of the hierarchy of the arrangement of the clips in the timeline or if the Cube filter effect should be placed on a filter layer on it’s own, rather than attaching it to one of the clips. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks for your time. Tim @ Edward Jones

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Using the BCC Cube filter w/Avid Media Composer
on Sep 19, 2008 at 12:47:22 pm

Hi Tim,

You are almost there.

• Apply the filter to the topmost clip in the timeline (this ensures that the cube is always on top of the other layers). This can be a blank slug or a piece of video.
• Set the Faces pop-up to Independent (you have already done that)
• Then pull the media that you wish to appear on each independent face to the desired clip from the timeline. The clips must be available in a stack beneath the filter layer. The timeline stack should be ... the filtered layer on top of (up to) 6 other media layers.
• make sure that you follow the pop-ups - there is a separate pop-up for each face of the cube and you need to set the media for each cube in each of these pop-ups.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

Esther Miller
on Oct 15, 2008 at 3:10:56 am

Hi Peter,

I have the same problem than Tim. I've found your explanation very useful, however I'm unable to understand what you mean with 'Then pull the media that you wish to appear on each independent face to the desired clip from the timeline.'. The difficult part is 'pull the media'. Could you please explain it to me?

Thanks

Esther Miller

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Oct 15, 2008 at 2:20:16 pm

Hi Esther,

Here are the steps:

• start with up to 6 layered / stacked media files on multiple video tracks in the Avid
• apply the BCC Cube to the top layer in the Avid timeline
• in the "view params" pop-up at the top of the filter controls, make sure that this is set to "all"
• down at the bottom of the filter control panel, twirl down the faces group
• set the "faces" pop-up to "Independent" - you will now have the ability to set different media on each face
• click on any of the layer pop-ups to set the media for that face

When you click on any of the face pop-ups, which are labeled front, back, left etc, you will see that the options are either none or on of the 6 tracks from the Avid timeline. In order for the filter to display media on the cube, the media must be layered in the Avid timeline or the face will render black.

I hope this helps. If you need more assistance please don't hesitate to contact me directly at peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]