BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Titler disappears from my screen!

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maura CunninghamBoris Titler disappears from my screen!
by on Sep 2, 2008 at 10:21:37 am

Hi all!
I've recently upgraded to Studio 2 on a MAC OSX 10.5 and for some reason the Boris Title 3D that comes with FCP is acting up. It is still in my applications and I can access it from the pop-down menu in FC, but when I click on 'Title 3D' to enter text, the box itself flies off to the left hand side of the screen to a place where my mouse cannot and will not go...The tool bar also changes to simply a 'Final Cut', 'File' Edit' and 'Help' which I don't remember happening before the upgrade.
I'm running 2 screens and have tried changing layout to no avail.. I can see my Boris effect box when I bring up all windows, it just won't stay up when I click on it.
Am sure this is something stupid and simple but it has me well stuck - and I need to change titles made in Boris in an earlier project today! Any ideas???

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris Titler disappears from my screen!
by on Sep 2, 2008 at 4:56:26 pm

Hi Maura,

I wish I knew what was causing this to happen and could offer a concrete solution to the problem but this is the first time that I have heard of something like this. Have you called Apple? If not then this would be the first thing that I would do. There may be a preference file that you could move or delete which might or might not help. Go to this directory:

Macintosh HD/Users/(login)/Library/Preferences/Final Cut Pro User Data

Drag these files to the Desktop:

"Final Cut Pro 6.0 Prefs"
"Final Cut Pro Obj Cache"
"Final Cut Pro Prof Cache"

and then relaunch FCP. If this does the job for you then you should be all set, but if not then you can simply move this file back to return the preferences to their previous state.

There are also preference files for Title 3D and Title Crawl that can be moved / deleted to see if that makes a difference. Go to this directory:

Macintosh HD/Users/(login)/Library/Preferences/

"com.borisfx.Title 3D"
com.borisfx.Title Crawl"

again, move these to the desktop and relaunch FCP.

Apart from that all I can suggest is that you call Apple support.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Maura CunninghamRe: Boris Titler disappears from my screen!
by on Sep 3, 2008 at 10:58:45 am

Peter, Result! Thank you!
Moving the FCP preferences made no difference but dragging the com.borisfx ones did. My titler screen now stays onscreen. Strange but working so a big cheers! M.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved