BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

8-bit optimization library missing -- error message

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tam Perl8-bit optimization library missing -- error message
by on Sep 1, 2008 at 5:54:44 pm

I am trying to evaluate Boris Continuum UpRez and Chroma Key inside of Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 on a Mac. When I apply the effect to the clip, the application crashes. The error message I get says:"8-bit optimization library is missing, The plug-in will continue to operate without the optimization." However, it does NOT continue to operate -- the whole application crashes. What gives??? Any ideas on how to fix this? What is the 8-bit optimization library, and why is it missing, when I am up-to-date with all my software?

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo iMac, 4Gig RAM. System -- Leopard (10.5.4), Adobe Premiere CS3 (3.2.0)

Thanks

Tam

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: 8-bit optimization library missing -- error message
by on Sep 2, 2008 at 12:59:13 pm

Hi Tam,

Unfortunately our integration with Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 on the Mac has been hampered by the fact that Adobe have switched the API (application programming interface) with this version of their editing solution. I believe they are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. One thing to keep in mind is that this is the first version of Premiere Pro to work on Mac OSX and anytime there is a new product on any platform there are bound to be a few teething problems - it just happens that one of the problems is with the plug-in interface. If you have After Effects, you might want to install the plug-ins into that host, and export rendered Quicktime files which can be imported into Premiere

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]