BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Title 3d rendering glitch

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben TrahairBoris Title 3d rendering glitch
by on Aug 27, 2008 at 10:12:16 am

Hi All,

I've had a look through the past forums but haven't been able to find anyone suffering from this exact issue.

We're using the inbuilt Boris Title 3d tool that ships with FCP studio 2. The machine is new and has only ever had FCP studio 2 installed. Its running on an intel based 2 x 2.8 Quad core Mac with 8 gigs of ram and OSX 10.5.4. FCP version 6.0.4

The issue is that the Boris Title 3d tool which we are using for titling has problems maintaining paragraph justification through a render - frequently when we render a sequence within FCP the justification will strangely move to centre when it has been set to left - or vice versa. The only way to fix the problem is to open the plugin again, close it, re-render and check that the justification is correct.

We are producing lots of text driven content so its becoming less and less of a viable work around to go this way. Does anyone know if there is any solution to the problem?

Ben Trahair

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris Title 3d rendering glitch
by on Aug 27, 2008 at 1:54:39 pm

Hi Ben,

This is most odd - I've never heard of this problem before and am not quite sure what to tell you in regard to finding a solution. What is interesting though is that the paragraph justification feature is a non-animatable parameter and for it to jump as you describe is really strange. Have you contacted Apple support about this?

What is the duration of the titles that you have created where this issue is apparent? If they are longer than a couple of seconds, try cutting them into shorter segments to see if that helps. Is the problem something that you can replicate at will? In other words, is there a definite series of steps where this happens? If so can you please make available that information and we'll take a look to see if we can reproduce this in house in our labs.

Return to posts index

Ben TrahairRe: Boris Title 3d rendering glitch
by on Aug 27, 2008 at 8:39:56 pm

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response.
I haven't contacted apple as yet.

Unfortunately it seems to be an intermittent problem but we may have isolated the problem to one machine which is an older intel based Apple. It seems that the problem only occurs on sequences created on this machine - but is then evident when the sequence is opened on other machines. The other funny thing is that the texts leading/kerning settings seem to become "embedded" into the text tool so that if you make and adjustment and then later go back to change it the settings "zero out" but retain the adjustment made visually.

The titles are longer than a second. Around 3 seconds on average.
I'll try cutting the text clips in half and see if they do different things on either side of the cut.

Not sure if its possible to uninstall/reinstall the Boris Title 3d plugin without reinstalling all of FCP but that may be my next step.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved