BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC light FX making grungy text

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paris MkVI
BCC light FX making grungy text
on Aug 26, 2008 at 4:46:44 pm

Tech stuff: Avid MC 2.8.3 with Adrenaline. Boris Continuum Complete 4.2.2. Avid-certified Dell 490. NVidia Quadro 3500 with Avid spec'd driver.

I'm doing a simple logo anim on the timeline with elements prepared in Photoshop in the usual completely ordinary way. It's a regular standard def NTSC/30i project.

I saved the merged multi-layer version in Photoshop, imported as sequence of layers, manipulated the layers on the timeline for the movements. Beautiful, no problem. (And no AE, which is why I am doing it this way).

On an empty layer above everything, I have added the Boris Advanced Lens Flare. When I monitor without the lens flare, graphics are nice and crisp. When I monitor with lens flare (and render, of course) the graphics look like they are displaying a single field only.

I have tried rendering everything. I have tried promoting all effects to HQ. I have tried altering parameters on the Boris Advanced Lens Flare. I have shut the system completely down, shut off the Adrenaline, restarted and re-launched Avid. Nothing makes any difference. No lighting FX, pretty graphics. Add lighting FX, ugly graphics. Tried the regular lens flare effect - no change.

No changes have been made to the system, no software has been installed. The system was set up by our in-company Avid-trained folks. It has worked fine out of the box from day one.

Your ideas and comments are welcome!

Jon

Return to posts index

Paris MkVI
Re: BCC light FX making grungy text
on Aug 26, 2008 at 4:48:25 pm

Oh yeah. I have also dropped the effect on a track above plain olf ordinary video. Even THAT looks like single field with the effect in place and rendered. Take the effect out and things are fine.

Jon

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
on Sep 5, 2008 at 5:13:08 pm

OK, I'm back with my name and everything. No one has any guesses at all?

Return to posts index

Craig Burnett
on Jun 17, 2009 at 12:36:40 am

Jon, did you ever get an answer on this? I'm pulling my hair out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]