BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC plugins for Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CookeBCC plugins for Final Cut Pro
by on Aug 25, 2008 at 8:41:38 pm

Posted this problem on the FCP forum, but no responses. As part of our Art Dept.s After Effects
Professional Upgrade, they recieved a rather extensive set of BBC plugins that work in Final Cut
Pro. We installed them in our FCP system. NOT IMPRESSED. These filters when applied to any text based graphics yield jagged/noisy results.
Not clean. This is on photoshop files with a shadow, without a pre-shadow-not generated by FCP,
on FCP's own text editor with no shadow, does not seem to matter. To use these we have to add a copied layer above that layer with NO filters from BCC. As soon as our effect/move is finished, we quickly dissolve off and dissolve on the text layer keyed with NO filters at all on like 2 frames. Even when you have all the "adjustments" turned down inside that individual filter, it still makes the text look poor/not clean. Besides many of these take a while to render. No problems when adding any "effects/filters
that came with FCP 6. If we are doing something wrong, let us know.
Thanks for any insight.

Mac OS 10.4.11
Dual 3.0, 2 gig ram, Kona Lhe video card, CalDigit 2.5 S2R drives.
Studio 2- 6.0.4, PSD 10, AE latest upgrade. QT 7.5

D's Video

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC plugins for Final Cut Pro
by on Aug 26, 2008 at 1:07:46 pm

Sorry to hear that you are unimpressed with the results that you are seeing while working with the BCC filters in FCP. I'd like to see if I can assist you in achieving more satisfactory results with this set up. To do this we should probably be working with the same files so if you would like to send me a text based graphic that you have had trouble with then I'll work with it for a bit to see if there is some way of improving the result.

I'd like to start by asking you to generate a very stripped down FCP file that illustrates the problem. Perhaps you could generate a slug, or use a solid colored graphic on V1 then place the text graphic on V2 over the slug/solid and apply a BCC filter that shows the problem. I would suggest that you avoid using a graphic with a drop shadow as it's always better to add the drop shadow in FCP.

You can send that to me at

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved