BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Effects Suddenly not being recognized

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek RobinsonBCC Effects Suddenly not being recognized
by on Aug 18, 2008 at 6:11:04 pm

Hey fellow animators,
So tell me if you heard this one. I have AE 6.5 with BCC 2.0 installed on my NON-INTEL based mac. Works fine and everything. I upgraded to AE CS3 and dragged the BCC effects folder into the plugins folder and they WORKED!! So then I go ahead and migrate everything to my new INTEL-BASED Mac and now CS3 doesnt see the BCC effects. I was about to concede that the BCC effects arent supported on intel-based macs. But when I open up AE 6.5 on the same mac, the BCC effects are there and they work. I also noticed that my trapcode folder and my Knoll Light folder arent being recognized either. What am i missing? Thanks for any help.

Animation Design Manager

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC Effects Suddenly not being recognized
by on Aug 25, 2008 at 1:01:52 pm

Hi Derek,

The problem is that you are cross mixing software that was coded for a particular processor and operating system, which won't work. AE 6.5 is a non-universal (Power PC) application. AE CS3 is a universal (Mac Intel) application. The BCC 2 filters are non-universal, so they will work just fine with AE 6.5 on PowerPC Macs and on Mac Intel systems under Rosetta (although that's kind of slow) but not with AE CS3. You need to upgrade to BCC 5 to make the plug-ins operate within the AE CS3 host.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved